Thread: MAP 1 BAR RTT OS Question

MAP 1 BAR RTT OS Question (Mods Delete Thread)

So, Like a space case when I first hooked my HP Tuners up I accidently saved over my stock file with the MAF Enhanced Update VS the MAP update. So I am currently working on tuning my truck which still runs a Primary and Secondary MAP sensor table. The entire process is a pain in the ass. I would like to just update the MAP 1 Bar Enhanced OS so I can just run/tune off a Primary MAP Table. What is the process of taking another stock tune file for the same model and Applying my VIN to it so I can start over. I understand it will cost me in credits. But at this point Its almost worth not having to mess with two separate VE Tables. I've done some research but the information I have found seems pretty vague. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by ninjai_ruken; 11-24-2020 at 09:13 PM. Reason: I found my Stock Un-modified file on my old USB

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    why not just reread your vehicles ecm? or did you FLASH over the stock file?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    why not just reread your vehicles ecm? or did you FLASH over the stock file?
    Unfortunately thats what I assume happened. I got a new tuning laptop and had everything from my old laptop backed up and transfered over. Some of the tune files that transfered over where corrupted. If memory serves me correctly I had two stock files one being the original with the file name "stock" and another with the name "stock maf os upgrade" The only file thats named "stock" in my tune folder on the new laptop has the MAF Enhanced upgrade. Im not sure if I accidentally saved over the stock bin with the other or what happened. I'm going to do some more digging and see if its on one of my two flash drives that I use as well. The entire situation kinda has be beating my head against a brick wall. As I know the most important rule is to save a stock file with no changes and never touch it.

EDIT: Scratch my post, I did find my Stock Unmodified File. It got moved into a un-named folder on my USB Drive. Lesson learned, search more! lol I had since picked up a larger USB and thought I had transferred everything over, I guess not. And I probably did that intentionally to help prevent a situation like mentioned in my 1st post from happening. I am going to make multiple copies of my stock tune and store one on my Desktop, Laptop, USB Drive and Google Storage. I really thought I had an oh shit moment.
    Last edited by ninjai_ruken; 11-24-2020 at 09:16 PM.