Thread: Beta editor locking ecm(fail write)

Beta editor locking ecm(fail write)

Anyone else having an issue with writing using Beta? I wrote less than 1%, then failed. Now I cannot write any more. This happened a couple days ago and I had to have the car towed to dealer today to reflash the ecm. Come home, tried a tune change it and that's when it failed. Locked again.

What ECM are you using? Are you trying to write a different VIN/OS than what was originally on the ECM? Are you able to Write successfully with the current stable version of editor?

I am working on 2017 Zl1. It is the same Vin that I used successfully with an earlier Beta from 3 weeks ago. I updated the Beta Saturday or Sunday and experienced 1st failed write. Today, ecm reflashed by dealer. Bought new laptop thinking maybe computer issue so downloaded current Beta and read all, then went to write new tune and same fail as Sunday. I also downloaded the stable release and it wont write either as ecm isn't seen any more.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Please open a support ticket with beta related issues here https://support.hptuners.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"