Thread: TSP Stage 1 VVT Cam help

Potential Tuner

TSP Stage 1 VVT Cam help

I installed a Stage 1 VVT cam from Texas Speed & Performance. I also have a Diablosport i2 tuner which I had purchased awhile back that i thought would be sufficient and boy was I wrong (piece of $%@!).
    Anyways, I was looking into get a HP Tuner but not sure on where to start.
    I definetly need to be able to adjust the Total Ignition Advance of the VVT. I also want to control as much as I can on everything else.
    2010 Camaro SS 6.2L L99

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv4camaros View Post
    I installed a Stage 1 VVT cam from Texas Speed & Performance. I also have a Diablosport i2 tuner which I had purchased awhile back that i thought would be sufficient and boy was I wrong (piece of $%@!).
    Anyways, I was looking into get a HP Tuner but not sure on where to start.
    I definetly need to be able to adjust the Total Ignition Advance of the VVT. I also want to control as much as I can on everything else.
    2010 Camaro SS 6.2L L99
    Its all available info here in the forums if you are willing to search, you will need a wideband to do wide open throttle tuning (i would recommend aem 30-0334), search on:

-how to do MAF tuning using stft + ltft
    - how to do MAP tuning using stft+ltft
    - how to do idle tuning

That should get you rolling and driving good, on the same threads you will find info on how to tune with the wideband, spark tuning should be done on a dyno and you are mostly not going to see power after 30* of timing. I got 455whp out of that cam on e85, the car drove good on the stock converter but really woke up with a aftermarket unit.