Thread: LFX ECU Options

Advanced Tuner

LFX ECU Options

Good evening all, I am currently in the planning stage on my most long-standing project, a Pontiac Solstice that I am now changing directions on. The goal of the car is to have a HUGE project for very little gain, it's a HUGE success so far.

**DISCLAIMER: If you want to poo-poo me or "kick the dog" per se, please save it. This is an incredibly unique project, I know what I am planning is far-fetched, but, I have done farther fetched things before.

Truly, the car will be an AutoX/HDPE/Road Course/Back Road car, I am building it to a specific spec so I will save the boring details.

Long story short, I am swapping in an LFX, going with a single turbo. I want to use a GM ECU to control ONLY the direct injection, as I will be using a standalone ECU to control a series of additional port injectors, timing, boost control, traction control, VVT etc... everything else there is to control.

My questions are:
    1) Which V6 GDI ECU is most supported by HPTuners? It's been a long time since I have been around HPT, since the E69 on my LNF which was complete malarkey, I want to avoid that again.
    2) Is it possible to run only the injectors through the ECU? I would have to split or duplicate a majority of the sensors, etc. but this would be the easiest way to run a standalone engine controller and a GDI controller.

Thank you in advance!
    Matt
    Kriebs Speed and Performance Development

Potential Tuner
    Late reply, but there's actually GM parts to add port injection to an LFX. LFX ecu also has a lot more support than the older ones did as well