Thread: Tuning questions on motor swapped silverado

Tuner in Training

Tuning questions on motor swapped silverado

When starting to tune a cammed motor swapped vehicle on stock computer what gets changed?for example Mines a 99 4.8 computer with a small cammed 6.0 swap. Do you guys just update cylinder info and fuel injection data then start tuning? Im getting mixed info on my tune. I copied just about everything from a stock 6.0 file to mine and some say thats good but some say to only do cylinder and fuel injection data?

Starting with all 6.0 information is fine. The major things are cylinder volume, injector data and the VE table.

The MAF/VE, idle, timing, etc etc are all going to get changed anyway with tuning.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ok.1st time Tunings going good so far. Got my base idle tuned, maf tuned,tb-iac counts set, timing started but not finished, ve within 4-5(still working on it).not tuned in that order. Just redid my base idle in park and gear.
    I have a slight idle surge when at idle turning and coming to a stop turning and some times stalls. When i start it when warm or hot the idle stumbles for a few seconds then smothes out. If i put it in gear right after i start it it will stall.
    Also im idling around 700rpm and sometimes when shifting to drive or reverse it will jump as if my idles high but its not. Not sure what to look at to cure these issues.
    I zerod my max ac torque so i got that idle surge fixed