Thread: Getting my feet wet with HP Tuners

Potential Tuner

Getting my feet wet with HP Tuners

I know my question is going to be pretty generic but I thought I'd ask here first.

My overall goal is to help out my buddies 99 Camaro Z28 to get as much power out of it as I can. As of today, I just want to get used to the user interface & look it over with some real-time data from my car. Knowing that, what would you purchase? I was thinking of the MPVI2 interface with no credits, but I wondered how someone else in my position or others with knowledge about this felt about this choice.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    MPVI2 for sure is what you'll need. If you want to log a wideband o2 sensor strongly consider the pro feature set as well. If you want to license & tune your vehicle you will also need to purchase 2 universal credits.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    MPVI2 for sure is what you'll need. If you want to log a wideband o2 sensor strongly consider the pro feature set as well. If you want to license & tune your vehicle you will also need to purchase 2 universal credits.
    So if I?m trying to tune other peoples cars say as a job since I want to start tuning , I?d need to pay 2 credits for every vehicle I?ll tune ? My main platforms are gm vehicles Cadillac , gmc , Chevy etc

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes, single vcm licenses are typically 2 credits or more, check out our supported vehicles list for all the credit breakdowns though.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    FYI: No need to purchase pro feature set if you buy an AEM wideband OBDII/CAN pass through.

AEM 30-0334

IMHO (Try to avoid the pro feature set as a protest until HPT get the stand alone data logging going. Once the datalogging is sorted, pro feature set would be highly recommended.)

Advanced Tuner
    FYI: No need to purchase pro feature set if you buy an AEM wideband OBDII/CAN pass through.

AEM 30-0334
    That wont work on a 99 Camaro. You would need to get the 30-0300 and use the serial interface. Or, go with the analog signal, via the EGR or A/C pressure route.

Senior Tuner
    I retract and stand down

Advanced Tuner
    Some day, I will make a J1850 interface, for pre 2007 cars