Thread: 3v Cold Start

Advanced Tuner

3v Cold Start

Can someone look this over and see if I'm missing something. Car is 99% perfect so anyone is welcome to use the tune if they want. trims are within 2% plus or minus, timing is perfect no retard, idle is perfect, ect. I live in west Texas where this time of year the temps get in the 20s. Issue Im having is when below 50 degrees outside the car just cranks and cranks. I have to feather the throttle to get it to start. I've increased/ decreased startup accel transient, increased/decreased cranking spark and fuel, and increased decreased cold fuel base, it made no change. Maybe someone can give insite.

muthathumpr_91_Airiad_cold start1.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    if it starts fine with light throttle why would you change fuel or spark??

simply go to the etc cranking position table and open the throttle a touch more at that temp

Just simple.
    look at your fuel base cold table.
    you can set lambda as you need.
    I log it with a WB to be sure there is no mechanical failure.

idle adders can be helpful

maybe your cam setup dont fit.
    Last edited by f.creek-ranch; 11-29-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    my OL/CL settings were the issue go figure. changed the values back to stock and the car fired right up on a 23* morning.

Tuner in Training
    I am looking into this for you. I have a question for you as well. I just bought an 07 csgt and it doesn?t have cats. I?m new to Ford tuning on hp. Can you recommend anything to tune to help with the issues that come from running a car without cats and no spark plug non foulers. I would just like to clean it up some and get it running good again. It runs like crap especially when warm thanks. Feel free to email me. [email protected]

Thanks
    Travis