Thread: Need assistance with 09 ZR1 with modified engine

Potential Tuner

Need assistance with 09 ZR1 with modified engine

I recently bought a 2009 zr1 with mods from a dealership and only have a list of modifications from the previous owner.

I have the original tune file and the Dyno tune file from a shop that I'm weary of after my car died 2 min after leaving the shop, the crank shaft position sensor went out and I had to get my car towed back home, replaced the sensor, new NGK TR7IX plugs and wires then the starter died lol, replaced the starter.

Mods list
    New 416 engine built by Scogging Dickey performance with forged internals and new LS9 block, PRC heads, Trunion upgrade, 3/8 push rods, Johnson lifters, Comp cam, Kong ported blower, Kong Griptec Pulley 2.55" LPE Hub, Kong fabricated snout, Kong reinforced bricks, Kong divider, Kong carbon fiber intake, Ati dampener, FIC 127lb injectors, McLeod clutch, Remote bleed, New GM slave, PLX DM-6 wide band, DSX aux fuel system, Corsa 2" headers, MM catch can,
    112mm Nick Williams throttle body.

I see a DSX Flex fuel system and a chip that lights up green in the engine bay also.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by screaming_trees; 11-28-2020 at 11:28 AM. Reason: added throttle body size and type

The biggest thing that I see is that you had a base tune with the double stoich method for the 127# injectors. Your dyno tune has the double stoich removed but the IFR remained the same(almost). So, the computer thinks you have 77# injectors unless they made another adjustment somewhere. Cylinder volume changed, throttle body scalar changed (don't know what size tb you have). What is the data on the injectors at 58#? I would change the PE Enrichment table also.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 11-28-2020 at 06:56 AM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Advanced Tuner
    Without looking at the tune yet, that dyno looks like a slipping clutch or possibly belt. Got a log?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
    Without looking at the tune yet, that dyno looks like a slipping clutch or possibly belt. Got a log?
    I don't have a log of the dyno tune. Wouldn't the person who dyno tuned the car notice if the clutch or belt was slipping and not continue to dyno the car? He gave me some BS excuse about the cam size, blah, blah, I don't mess with flex fuel as he kept looking to the side avoiding eye contact.
    Last edited by screaming_trees; 11-29-2020 at 01:27 AM.