Thread: 4l80e swap no TCC lockup without commanding it

Tuner in Training

Question 4l80e swap no TCC lockup without commanding it

Hey all Before I get flamed I did search and read but didn't seem to find my exact issue.
    2004 siverado 4.8/4l60e swapped to a 6.0/4l80e. Trans is a fresh build and works perfectly with 3200 stall. This truck has a cam. 230/236 cam ish. The truck dyno'd at 370 hp. Getting on to it, the truck will not lock up the TCC by itself but it will lock up by commanding it. The brown wire on the harness was moved to the appropriate location for the TCC and the pigtail for the front speed sensor was verified to be pinned to 22 and 23.

The things that i have noticed. There aren't any DTC's present but The input speed sensor was going bonkers. I replaced it and it is still going nuts. 8192 then way down and back up etc. I looked at the tune, the tune was by someone else but it appears to be ok. ... for the things i was looking for anyway.

I will attach the tune and a log file. Maybe one of you can give me a place to look or something to try. I would appreciate it very much.

I can upload more logs if you like but they are all the same.

Thanks for the help. (cross posted from trans section)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    The calibration that you posted has been "Frankensteined" together - and not well.

Six of the calibration segments match the VIN.

The two transmission segments have been swapped into the calibration - however, these two segments are from a 2004 HD 2500 that was equipped with a 5 speed manual transmission.

Efforts were then made using tuning software to "make" this a 4L80 calibration - which was not completely successful.

You need to segment swap both transmission segments from an actual 4L80 platform (with the same OS). This should get everything working correctly - like the schizophrenic ISS readings that you described.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
    The calibration that you posted has been "Frankensteined" together - and not well.

Six of the calibration segments match the VIN.

The two transmission segments have been swapped into the calibration - however, these two segments are from a 2004 HD 2500 that was equipped with a 5 speed manual transmission.

Efforts were then made using tuning software to "make" this a 4L80 calibration - which was not completely successful.

You need to segment swap both transmission segments from an actual 4L80 platform (with the same OS). This should get everything working correctly - like the schizophrenic ISS readings that you described.
    Thank you very much Jon S. forgive my lack of knowledge but where did you look to find that the segment swap was botched? I'm learning this tuning stuff but only know enough to be dangerous LOL. Thanks again for looking at this now time share this information with my buddy and tell him that he has to go talk to his pro tuner and ask him to make corrections. I had a feeling my trans I built him was good and I was happy to have the HP tuners to help with the diagnosis.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazmatt View Post
    Thank you very much Jon S. forgive my lack of knowledge but where did you look to find that the segment swap was botched? I'm learning this tuning stuff but only know enough to be dangerous LOL. Thanks again for looking at this now time share this information with my buddy and tell him that he has to go talk to his pro tuner and ask him to make corrections. I had a feeling my trans I built him was good and I was happy to have the HP tuners to help with the diagnosis.

The GM data base is available here:

https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

Enter your VIN, then select "Get CAL ID", then select "PCM / VCM ... Module", then select "Programming" , then select "Complete History".

You will notice that 6 of the 8 segments match your VIN based calibration.

The two transmission segments have been swapped in from a different VIN based calibration.

The two transmission segments (based on their calibration segment numbers) are from a manual transmission truck. I have compiled a large database over the years, that references individual calibration segments, based on their assigned calibration number.