Thread: Gauges and logging

Tuner in Training

Gauges and logging

My edge recently crapped out on my 06 dodge, so I lost all my digital gauges. My plan was to replace it with analog gauges and learn to tune my truck myself. I?m still very much in the learning stages and have just been logging some drives to learn hptuners. My question is which gauges are you guys using for logging egt and afm? I would like a gauge for egt that I can also use for data logging. Does that make sense?

Banned
    afm?

If you want to datalog EGTs with hp tuners you?ll need the pro I think, whatever it is that allows you to connect external sensors to and you?ll likely need an amplifier for the egt probe. Gauges like autometer would have the amplifier built in inside the gauge.

Tuner in Training
    I was referring to wideband O2 sensor when I said afm. Is that needed or helpful when tuning a diesel like my 06 5.9 that has no emissions parts?

Banned
    Honestly I wouldn?t really worry about it. If you got smoke you are too rich, just need to narrow down what?s causing the over rich situation.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    afm?

If you want to datalog EGTs with hp tuners you?ll need the pro I think, whatever it is that allows you to connect external sensors to and you?ll likely need an amplifier for the egt probe. Gauges like autometer would have the amplifier built in inside the gauge.
    On my LS truck I have my wideband coming in via serial port.. No need for the pro version