Thread: 2016 5.7 tune

2016 5.7 tune

FWIW this is my tune on a 2016 5.7, M6, shaker.
    Long tube headers, catless mids, 3" flowmaster full system with super 44's, Holly sniper intake , stock TB, stock cam.
    Engine pulls hard to 6800 rpm
    Car is in garage for winter upgrades.
    Cam, and valvertrain components, head work, 90mm TB.
    Wanted to get close before can and other upgrades.
    Runs very strong as is and makes stock scats wish they had not tried LOL
    Maybe this will help someone in there tuning
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Speed39 View Post
    FWIW this is my tune on a 2016 5.7, M6, shaker.
    Long tube headers, catless mids, 3" flowmaster full system with super 44's, Holly sniper intake , stock TB, stock cam.
    Engine pulls hard to 6800 rpm
    Car is in garage for winter upgrades.
    Cam, and valvertrain components, head work, 90mm TB.
    Wanted to get close before can and other upgrades.
    Runs very strong as is and makes stock scats wish they had not tried LOL
    Maybe this will help someone in there tuning
    you forgot to mention e85 as well

Quote Originally Posted by malikib View Post
    you forgot to mention e85 as well
    Nope, Pump 93. I may try an e85 tune after the winter upgrades, but no knock retard with this tune. It will take a little more timing.

Nope, Pump 93. I may try an e85 tune after the winter upgrades, but no knock retard with this tune. It will take a little more timing.
    Really , 23 degrees on pump I can?t seem to get more than 15.5 on 91 without getting knock . I reached 19 with vp octane booster but that?s it although i only saw 5 hp difference with the addition of 4 degrees almost

Really , 23 degrees on pump I can?t seem to get more than 15.5 on 91 without getting knock . I reached 19 with vp octane booster but that?s it although i only saw 5 hp difference with the addition of 4 degrees almost
    Hmmm, Yep, this tune is a little on the lean side as well. I need to put a little more in the ve table. Keeping the vvt stock this was the tune. pulled great as well.
    Only difference is the VE. Both work great , also zero rpm hang .

Hmmm, Yep, this tune is a little on the lean side as well. I need to put a little more in the ve table. Keeping the vvt stock this was the tune. pulled great as well.
    Only difference is the VE. Both work great , also zero rpm hang .
    i see that you changed the maf VS PERIOD , why is that ? these cars do not have a maf sensor
    also can i see a log of a couple pulls ?

i see that you changed the maf VS PERIOD , why is that ? these cars do not have a maf sensor
    I didn't touch it. What ever is there was in stock tune . I can get ya a couple pulls but don't have a good one with the cam set to lock pin

I didn't touch it. What ever is there was in stock tune . I can get ya a couple pulls but don't have a good one with the cam set to lock pin
    weird , i did a compare with the base version of your tune and thats why

seems rich for an N/A don't you think ? i like running them at 12.5 but yours dips to 11.3 did you find that it made more power that way?

seems rich for an N/A don't you think ? i like running them at 12.5 but yours dips to 11.3 did you find that it made more power that way?
    yes it does, get a tad fat in a few spots. it seems to like it but has not been on a dyno to really see power numbers. I will do a 100% tune after the winter upgrades.
    Funny thing . Went back and looked at my original ecu read, the maf is different! Have no clue when or why I would of messed with that . Going to look at all my changes, see if i can pin point when it was changed.

6800 rpm....I think thats out of power range, isnt it? Mine feels poor over 5800, even with 6.1 intake.
    Hope it will Change with the 6.4 cam.

Quote Originally Posted by f.creek-ranch View Post
    6800 rpm....I think thats out of power range, isnt it? Mine feels poor over 5800, even with 6.1 intake.
    Hope it will Change with the 6.4 cam.
    Nope pulls hard all the way. I have a Holley sniper sheet metal intake on it right now, long tube headers , catless mids, ect. Doing cam, heads, 90mm TB this winter. Should make some good power then !!!

Nope pulls hard all the way. I have a Holley sniper sheet metal intake on it right now, long tube headers , catless mids, ect. Doing cam, heads, 90mm TB this winter. Should make some good power then !!!
    The Snipper comes alive after 6k , we had same results on one of the Rams I've been playing with
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Amazing...I ve got the 6.1 Intake on the 5.7

Feels a lot better at response and lower range but the high rpms are not that highlite...maybe ist geting better with headers....