Thread: C7 Z06 Reduced Power Code P16F3

Potential Tuner

C7 Z06 Reduced Power Code P16F3

I have a 15 Z06 M7 with Edelbrock eforce 2300 supercharger, head work, comp cam with 711whp. Typically at a road course, I can get around 15 minutes of track time before my IAT reaches 175 and my car goes into reduce power mode. In session 4, I only got 1.5 laps or a little over 2 minutes when it went into reduced power mode. My IAT was 156, coolant temp was 205. Code P16F3 (control module redundant memory performance) was stored, which is the same code stored when my IAT hits 175 after 15 min of track time. Any ideas?

I cleared the code and the engine ran normal afterwards. I decided not to do any more track sessions that day. I data logged this session and can post it if needed.

Advanced Tuner
    Sometimes this code means you've got torque tables out of whack, sometimes it means it's a bad ecu, and other times it's a code that will never come back.

I honestly believe this to be a catch-all rep code that's hard to figure out the true source. I've come across it on 6th gen camaros mainly when trying to raise reported torque numbers after a meth install or maf scaling.