Thread: New to tuning

Potential Tuner

New to tuning

So I get in playing around with the tuning software and I notice several things that just don't seam correct. Now first and foremost I am not a tuner. I'm an old school carb and blower guy but I do understand the principles involved.
    Things I noticed;
    ETC area scaler number are far below what they should be for a 102 mm throttle body
    Manifold volume under dynamic airflow seams untouched from stock settings.
    General engine>cylinder volume is not changed.
    VVE tables are untouched
    Base timing tables are strange with 40 degrees timing down low.
    Seems to me that the tuner just bumped up the MAF tables and minimum idle air numbers and called it a day. During logging the fuel trims are all over the place. I was told this is a "MAF" tune but not sure why someone would do that.

I could be completely wrong about the entire thing

Anywho...if some of you experts have a few minute to look it over and give pointers.

2008 Z06 441 ci Texas speed motor. standard H/C/I build using TSPLS7R cam Fast LSXR intake 11.5:1 CR . Headers no cats manual trans.

ORIGINAL.hpt
    11-29-1330 stock file.hpl

ETC Scalar should be about .7280. I guess they missed that.
    The VVE table does look stockish---you can compare to a stock tune. STFT's don't look bad. Look at the bottom of your scan file where the red line is and move the cursor slowly as you watch the fuel trims. Where they spike is where you get on the gas or let off. The steady state looks pretty good.
    When you correct the scalar, you will get to re do the maf and VVE tables. The high timing comes in at low load areas. You can reduce it some if it is causing a problem.
    Your High Octane spark table and low octane spark table are the same. The low octane table should be at least 6 degrees less---whole table.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 11-29-2020 at 07:12 PM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8