Thread: Idle trouble IAC at 0

Potential Tuner

Idle trouble IAC at 0

Hi everyone, I have searched and searched and searched for an answer to my problem and have damn near tried everything to fix this. I am hoping someone can help me out. I have recently converted my car to a 2bar OS. The trouble I am having is the very basic idle tuning. IAC count continues to go to zero STIT are pegged out idle does not want to decrease even under the special functions tab. Idle is SUPER rich 11.5ish. I have reduced the VE table in the idle range, lower-raised the base Idle airflow tab I even copied and pasted the RAF table in P/N tab to see if that would fix anything and nothing changed. I am seriously stumped on this. I am no tuning Guru by any means but im not sure what I am missing. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? I will attach my tune and a recent log. Thanks.
    camaroSDfile1VEreducedandtiming.hpt
    idlelog1.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    have you checked for vacuum leaks. Your idleing pretty much at the same rpm before and after the engine goes up to 1500 rpm in the middle of the log. There engine is pulling more vacuum before it surges up than after. Did you have it in gear for the first part then switch it to park for the second half of the log?

I am guessing that you did not change your stock MAP sensor. The 2 bar OS automatically changes the MAP Linear and Offset numbers under Airflow. Change it back to the stock numbers---if that is the case.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Potential Tuner
    I have checked everywhere for vacuum leaks and cant seem to find anything. I should have disclosed this is a M6 car. That log was just a run with it in neutral and me not touching anything.

Potential Tuner
    I have a 2 bar MAP installed and changed the VE table to stock form. So youre saying change the linear from 200kpa to 94.43kpa and the offset to 10.33?

No. If you have a 2 bar map sensor, you are ok. The offset is 8.00 though.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Potential Tuner
    Okay I will correct that. Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    Does anyone have any insight on this? The car will act like it wants to idle right then after a minute or so refers back to IAC count 0 and idle speed around 1000rpm. Completely stumped on this one.

You have a vac leak I bet and fuel trims come in and add fuel which increases the idle speed due to unmetered air which now has fuel so idle jumps up

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C