Thread: understanding supercharging tune

understanding supercharging tune

in reference to l76 engine:
    Sorry for the ignorance but trying to understand what goes on when an e38 is tuned for FI.
    As far as i can see Virtual VE and PE seem to cap off at 105 kPa. Maf is frequency based so keeps going.... as far as i understand : after ~4000 rpm it seems to default to MAF and doesn't "blend" dynamic anymore
    .... but what happens if MAF poops and fails?, (guess that is why it is recomended to upgrade to larger MAF)
    or is it possible to run FI in speed density witout a MAF (without installing patch).
    If it relies on maf only then what is going on with PE? do we just richen with MAF scale?

Senior Tuner
    most VVE/VE will do 2.5bar and some 3bar u just have to adjust the axis to suit, u can run SD if u want or use both MAF/SD is fine u can use a larger intake tube to slow the airflow down if ur maxing out the MAF, PE is based on RPM for its enrichment or MAP if u have 2 bar OS, PE is always used dosnt matter if its maf or vve soon as thresholds are met u go PE

Potential Tuner
    on e38 you can rescale vve and map to suit what you want to use it works fine forced you dont need to go 2bar os unless you like the old gen 3 ve on turbo cars i just use pe from 2000rpm and it works fine