Thread: Looking for advise please.

Potential Tuner

Question Looking for advise please.

Hi All, just put a new engine in my truck and was just able to get a good log (i think,let me know if not). Base tune is what was logged. Just looking for a direction i should go next, to get it closer. I do have a wideband installed, but when i go to log it dissapeares off my serial input. i have had it linked to my scanner before but for some reason it has stopped linking. any ideas?

Truck = 2011 avalanche 5.3 e38 / A6, CAI, long tubes, no cats, and a 3" single exhaut.
    Engine = lS2, sloppy stage 2, and gutted and ported intake.

Also installed a 2600 circle d converter.

20-11-29 17-52-57.hpl
    STOCK TUNE.hpt
    BASE TUNE IDLE.hpt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CHEVYGUY5777; 11-29-2020 at 08:34 PM.

Couple things real quick that you missed on that "base tune".

The cat test in the engine diag tab is still enabled, COT (cat over temp) is still enabled. You never set the camshaft selection in the variable camshaft tab from one to none for the non VVT, AFM camshaft. It still says that the AFM/DOD is enabled as well. Cylinder volume is still for a 5.3 and not a LS2 engine size.

The log shows a few rear o2 sensor and a camshaft code, those should be disabled.

Maybe you didn't post the correct tune file because both the tunes you posted look stock and it probably wouldn't even run without the VVT and AFM stuff disabled.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Your Long Term Fuel Trims for both sides spend a lot of time maxed out positively. To me, that looks like a vacuum leak or maybe a messed up MAF sensor. I had some intake tubing on my LM7 that caused chaotic air at the MAF screen - maxed out my LTFT a lot. Once I put the K&N filter straight onto the MAF which was immediately in front of the throttle body, problem solved. Too much oil on the K&N also messes with the MAF screen performance.

Sure, I picked up a significantly higher intake air temperature running like this but overall, I got better engine performance.

Rick
    1970 Chevrolet El Camino LM7 5.3 liter mill and a 4L60E transmission.

Potential Tuner
    yes wrong file was uploaded. just edited it to the correct file. BASE TUNE IDLE