Thread: vcm scanner capabilities

Potential Tuner

vcm scanner capabilities

i've been looking through old posts trying to answer this question and the answers i'm seeing say... no, you need to buy a capable scan tool. but they are years old and i'm wondering if that's changed since the vcm scanner is currently advertised as " the most powerful and comprehensive scan tool on the market." that being so, one would assume its capable of reading codes, reading live data, and commanding functions in ALL modules installed on a vehicle, like a moderately capable scan tool should be,(by scan tool, i mean scan tool... not code reader) or even initialize new modules like a very capable one.

Quote Originally Posted by rjcoulon View Post
    i've been looking through old posts trying to answer this question and the answers i'm seeing say... no, you need to buy a capable scan tool. but they are years old and i'm wondering if that's changed since the vcm scanner is currently advertised as " the most powerful and comprehensive scan tool on the market." that being so, one would assume its capable of reading codes, reading live data, and commanding functions in ALL modules installed on a vehicle, like a moderately capable scan tool should be,(by scan tool, i mean scan tool... not code reader) or even initialize new modules like a very capable one.
    What is your question? No, it won't read the Body control module or reprogram your key fobs. Its tuning software. I use VCM scanner all the time for diagnostic work but it was never meant to replace a fully featured bi-directional diagnostic tool. You think you will get that for $300?