Thread: Fresh 6l80 w/ Circle D triple disc - Apply ramp, regulator, and adapt questions

Potential Tuner

Fresh 6l80 w/ Circle D triple disc - Apply ramp, regulator, and adapt questions

Hey all I have a fresh rebuilt 6l80 w/ Circle D triple disc converter. Shifts are crisp and firm but has a little lugging between 50 and 60 (very lightly but there) and overall I just want to be sure I don't damage any thing. Can someone look over my tune and take a look at Apply ramp, Regulator offset, and Adapts and make a few recommendations?

For the most part everything seems great however the only speed it seems to truly like to downshift quickly is around 40 mph - downshift is quick and hits every shift point beautifully. If I just punch it at 60,65, 70 it doesn't seem to downshift and drop as quickly or it will hit lower in the RPM range in 3rd for instance instead of dropping to the top of 2nd

Trans Rebuild
    New pump, New converter housing ,Zip kit, New pressure switch films, Billet 1,2,3,4 piston, 4,5,6 HD piston, Red Clutches except 3,5,R is Alto G3 Powerpack

Converter
    3600 -3800 Circle D Triple Disc

Tune
    G8ASFOUNDLIKECURRENTSPARK2.hpt

Most recent Log
    20-11-28 09-03-08.hpl

It looks like you have TCC disabled on 1-4, and not locking in 5th or 6th until around 55mph (with your 6th lock up slightly lower than your 5th gear). Depending on the cam and rpm you are turning at that speed, you might get a little lugging with the converter locked.

On your downshifts, try closing the gap between your upshift and downshift speeds for a given gear. Above, say 40% throttle, make them 10-15mph apart instead of 20+. Play with it to see what you like.
    2017 JKU Rubicon: Purple, long arms, tons, 40s, Banks CAI, Borla cat-back, TD2/HPT tuned, daily.
    2017 GMC Sierra SLT: 6.2/ 8spd. Just getting started on it...