Thread: Calculated Engine Load 100%

Tuner in Training

Calculated Engine Load 100%

Hello,
    Can someone help me understand where the calculated engine load numbers are coming from. I'm having a problem and it seems to be happening right when the load says it's at 100%. Is being at 100% causing a problem, is there any way to correct.

Unt11itled.jpg

Appreciate any help.
    Mark

Advanced Tuner
    It's important to add context. Seeing 100% load during a WOT pull would, in most cases, be considered expected and normal. But if you were to see it at 100% during light/closed throttle and decel conditions, that would not be normal.

If you are to have any hope of being helped on this, or any other forum for that matter, you're going to need to give folks a LOT more information. A tune file and log with an explanation of your concern would be a minimum.

Tuner in Training
    Hello,
    The part about the calculated engine load that is confusing to me is my engine says its at 100% load around 5000 RPM, this is 1000 RPM below redline and there is still 2 additional psi of boost in the higher RPM.
    Question, when the computer thinks the calculated engine load is @100% does this then restrict any additional power. I've been chasing a strange WOT shifting behavior where the engine seems to hit redline during shifting without actually hitting redline and i recently noticed the engine load is @100% during these times.

U1ntitled.jpg

i would love to back that into TQ produced by the motor... and make a chart of what the pcm thinks the torque with axis of RPM and vac/boost
    Last edited by fixit; 12-02-2020 at 12:50 PM.