Thread: New Ford approach? Brand new Mustang 10R80 OEM EU Strategy no longer goes PE

Tuner

New Ford approach? Brand new Mustang 10R80 OEM EU Strategy no longer goes PE

Today I had a car in, that was just recently these days supplied with a Ford PCM/TCM update (LR3A-14C204-AAD).
    No tune, stock Car directly from the dealership.

Besides that we all know, Ford has problems with blowen up 10R80s even on stock cars, Ford is now obviously taking strange messures to avoid that.

The Engine cal contains e.g. at [ECM] 32732 - Fuel Enrichment Pedal vs. RPM is set to 6500RPM and 110 % Pedal. Additionally the engine will no longer go in VCT OP until the rpm has reached 5200 RPM.32732.JPG38171.JPG

But that is completely at the expense of combustion chamber temperatures when you think about the fact that there is no longer any full-load enrichment.
    I've logged the vehicle and in fact it doesn't do any enrichment. The component protection then naturally takes over the cooling relatively quickly with Lambda 70.

Additional TCM settings have changed as well, that more less go in line with the intention to lower vehicle output power and maybe also emmissions.

Has anyone seen this or any explaination for this?
    I am also wondering if this is only the case for EU models or a Global approach?
    Last edited by G-Town-GT; 12-01-2020 at 01:23 PM.
    Mustangklinik.de

Advanced Tuner
    Could be an emissions stringency thing, they don't run power enrichment on their larger truck v8s to help with emissions. The coyote's are so thermally efficient I doubt the added heat is a real issue.

That is because EU Mustangs comes with EGT sensors installed - approach is different yes but you got the enrichment for sure.
    You have to have an enrichment otherwise you would melt your CATs and pistons in no time even in N/A form.

CAT protection, GPF protection, EGT protection all kicks in when needed - don't you worry. That new Bosch ECU is much more powerful so it's no longer relying solely on PE.