Thread: 2001 S10 LS Swap 4.3 to 6.0 programming

2001 S10 LS Swap 4.3 to 6.0 programming

Getting close to lighting off my LS swap for the first time but wondered which way to go on the PCM programming. Its a 0411 ECM that was with the original 4.3. Can I just change the engine platform to the 6.0 specs and do a calibration swap. The segment swap option doesnt come up when I try to do it that way. Just don't want to blow $100 on a PCM tune that wont work.
    On my last LS S10 swap I got lucky and used a stock Tahoe ECM and all my gauges worked. Guess I could clone another tune from one of my S10 swaps but would be nice if the vin matched the vehicle this time.

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    You need to find a base tune for a 6.0 or any GEN 3 V8 and blow the $100 to do a rewrite entire to the 4.3 ECM.

Or flash the computer with a GM MDI or whatever first, then license the V8 file.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I found a 2001 Silverado file that has the same operating system as my 4.3 and has the segment swap menu available. Could I just license my 4.3 PCM and write the 6.0 engine and 4l60e trans calibration or do I need to do a write an entire for a segment swap ? Says brickable if I do entire.

Thanks
    Last edited by metalmanimal; 12-07-2020 at 12:39 AM.

I just wanted to give an update on the swap programming, I did a write calibration only and then spent half the day trying to figure out why all the weird stuff was happening.
    wouldn't relearn the crank, p300 came on immediately, fueling was pig rich. Then noticed none of the segments ever swapped over and it was still running off the 4.3 OS. Did write entire and it cleared everything up after and till have the S10 Blazer Vin number on the ECM.
    Now on to tuning it.
    thanks

I've always just used a Tech2 or MDI to flashed over to a VIN for a vehicle that already uses the new drivetrain but of course the VIN changes. Nice to know that this worked for you. Thanks a lot for letting us know.