Thread: Is it possible to add a GM FPCM to a vehicle that didn't have it from the factory?

Is it possible to add a GM FPCM to a vehicle that didn't have it from the factory?

I have a 2010 VE commodore LS3 that doesn't have a FPCM from the factory and I am going to upgrade the fuel pump with a ZL1 unit.
    I see in my tune under the fuel system tab that there is an "FPCM Fitted" YES/NO box.
    Does this mean I can install a genuine FPCM off a series 2 VE and turn it on in my tune and get it to work?
    Is there any downside to running an FPCM over just running the ZL1 pump with the upgraded reg to controller pressure?
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

Yes that should work. The downside is the added cost and wiring it.

Senior Tuner
    personally i wouldnt want a FPCM way too much work for no gains, just fit a referenced mechanical reg ( or constant pressure reg ) and adjust couple tables to suit or set to 58psi and ur good to go

Senior Tuner
    +1 ☝️
    Running out of room on mine and it's a full delete and fuel system redo to sort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjas View Post
    I have a 2010 VE commodore LS3 that doesn't have a FPCM from the factory and I am going to upgrade the fuel pump with a ZL1 unit.
    I see in my tune under the fuel system tab that there is an "FPCM Fitted" YES/NO box.
    Does this mean I can install a genuine FPCM off a series 2 VE and turn it on in my tune and get it to work?
    Is there any downside to running an FPCM over just running the ZL1 pump with the upgraded reg to controller pressure?
    I have those exact parts, and just never got around to giving it a try.
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

yea most people try to get rid of the FSCM, but a ZL1 pump regulates 68psi internally, the only gain you will get from the FSCM is it can slow the pump down at normal driving, if you dig that, but it's more PIA than it's worth.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

With the options to tune the FSCM now I have no idea why anyone would get rid of it. Maybe 5yrs ago when we couldn't access them but now you'd be crazy to delete it. If anything just to have active fuel pressure feedback so the ECM compensates for various pressures. Those return regulators with 1:1 reference aren't always 1:1 and actually fluctuate quite a lot on some systems.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Its difficult to decide which way to go, it makes 485rwhp now on premium, I'm at the limit of the stock pump (apparently) I want to run E85 but don't make enough power to justify a big aftermarket set as I wont be adding a supercharger anytime soon. ZL1 pump and adapter kits run for $1000 here, the FPCM isn't that expensive and I could add it while doing the ZL1 pump, only real disadvantage would be the time to wire it in, one of the main advantages for me would be the ability to log fuel pressure at the drag strip via the can bus.
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

I've never tried to actually add it to a non-FSCM equipped car. Not sure there is enough parameters populated in HPT currently to make it work without writing/using an OS that came equipped with that module from the factory. I don't think simply turning the switch to equipped will automatically make it work.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400