Thread: Can someone hep me identify what is causing his fueling swings with fuel trims?

Potential Tuner

Can someone hep me identify what is causing his fueling swings with fuel trims?

I have been slowly picking away at my tune and due to some head gasket issues, and bad O2 sensors it has has been fighting me tooth an nail. I was hoping someone could take a look and point me in the right direction for a few questions I have.

What I am working with 2008 Cadillac escalade, 6.2, 6l80, 3.42, 230/236 .612/.617 112LSA cam, 1-7/8 long tube headers, 3"x3.5" y pipe, 3.5" borla, catless, S&B intake, circle d 3200 stall, 42lb injectors, tr55 plugs, Taylor wires, all ARP hardware probably missing some stuff....

1) I am having fueling swings from the fuel trims, like they are way to overactive. When I run in straight SD no fuel trims my wideband shows +/- 3-4% and MAF only is +/- 1% combine the 2 enabling MAF at 4k RPM and reenable fuel trims and they show near perfect on the wideband under cruising conditions but SD fuel trims are +/- 10% give or take and the STFTs are saw-toothed constantly overshooting in both directions.

2) At WOT the fuel trims show to be adding fuel which is making my wideband rich.

3) very strong exhaust smell at idle that I have tried adjusting multiple things to make it go away for example different idle advances, boundary windows. The only way I can make it somewhat decent is by running about 8% lean in the idle cells, which is easy to do in straight SD or MAF but my fuel trims override it.

4) kinda goes with number 3, is there a way to trick the narrow band O2s to make the truck run leaner in the idle cells?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit: it will not load my log, i get the spiny icon for a few min and then nothing....any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    I figured it out, the log is to big...ill have to get a shorter log after while.

but here are some screen shots to get the idea of what's going on

wideband is innovate LC2 with serial to USB converter
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joegibbstruck; 12-02-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Make it go into PE at idle speeds but command 1.0