Thread: 14 C7 Corvette w Maggie 2300 and kooks lt's TM issue? Tune and logs posted

14 C7 Corvette w Maggie 2300 and kooks lt's TM issue? Tune and logs posted

Hey guys! I just wrapped up the build on this car and it was done all in house. Im excited about that because all the other boosted ltx stuff Ive tuned was build elsewhere and sometimes I questioned the installs. (yes, I tuned the VVE!!) I really wanted to knock this one out of the park. So I set out logging predicted vs actual tq as well as accel position vs throttle position. I kept getting 10+ degrees of kr which I believe is the tm system pulling power. I read it just shows as kr in the early SIDI pcm's? I looked at the file a few days after it left and Im pretty sure it was the peak torque table causing the issue. I pushed it up to 800+ foot lbs thinking that would be plenty high enough..

Im sure I have something out of whack causing the tq to over report. Please let me know what you guys think. I have more logs and files. I attached a the stock vs final and two logs. I appreciate any feedback. Happy Holidays!!
    Squirrel stuff

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    your setup was a bit aggressive on timing, your fueling on your maf curve lower than factory, which will mess with torque output

Maggie 2300 C7 Kooks w stock cai test.hpt
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Thank you for the reply! I looked at the changes you made, it seems you dont allow much advance when transitioning in that .80 cyl air area. Do think this is actual KR and not torque management? I had pulled the advance down to 5* above .80 cyl air and it still pulled 10+ degrees of kr. I see you lowered the peak tq and tq tables considerably and they appear to be interpolated. Im just trying to understand why. I had raised the hpfp desired to lower the injector pulse width but backed out the extra with the maf curve. I suppose I should have pulled a few percent back out of the hpfp table instead. I dont have the car here to test on. I thought that based on the logs I was hitting the peak tq limiter around 830ish ft lb. Sorry for all the questions, Ive been really trying to sharpen my game on these gen5 engines. In one of my tuning books they mentioned moving the SOI on boosted vehicles to help with KR is that not the accepted practice? Ive seen several threads suggesting that you set to a fixed value in the 350's and let the ecu learn in where it likes it. I have the tuning school first and updated release on the gen5 as well as the Banish Calibrated success videos. Ive spent a bunch of time and money trying to make sure I have these nailed down and its super frustrating to still feel like I dont have all the info ;(
    Squirrel stuff

Also, did the changes I made to the VVE zone and pe ratio zones look like they are spaced well? I don't fully understand the proper way to do that either so I used the settings for an 18 z06 then input the lt1 fueling and tuned from there.
    Squirrel stuff

flash and log

I really appreciate you helping me with the tune edit. I dont want to seem ungrateful but I came here asking for advice to become better at tuning these. Would you mind helping me to understand the changes a bit please? The car wont be back for a little while due to the holidays. When it does we are swapping out to a CAI so the tune will need to be modified before hand anyway. Thanks for your time!
    Squirrel stuff

Tuner
    Agree with Sultan on the timing in the lower RPM areas, too aggressive. I'd prefer that get backed off then add in more timing at higher RPM. Add that to a lean PE ratio at WOT and it seems like trouble in those areas in my humble opinion.
    2017 Camaro SS, Whipple 3.0, Mast LT Black Label heads, 112mm TB, LPE BB HPFP & LT4+52% injectors, Fore Innovations triple pumps
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ

depending on the diameter of your new intake, changes will be made accordingly.

LT platforms are torque based, and you dont want your tune to reflect a wrong output. your inj PW will calculate TQ output and its better to be relative to actual HP

same with with virtual torque so your fueling and timing to fall in line with what you command

Hey guys thanks for the replies! We are waiting on the new cai now. You guys brought up an interesting point that I forgot about. I had the pe ratio set around 11.8 but the afr were 11.5-11.6. I never went back and corrected that so that the commanded and actual afr were the same. Once I started in on the advance issue I got tunnel vision and didnt circle back. I can see how that would cause issues with the torque reporting though. I figured the pcm would take the rail pressure into account as well as the injector pw for tq calculations so I didnt realize having that disparity would cause issues. I had raised the hpfp pressure in an effort to lower the pulsewidth at wot. It was getting just above 6ms if I recall correctly. As far as the advance, the last few boosted lt1's Ive tuned seemed to take about 15-16* max so I thought starting around 14 total would be fairly safe jumping off point. Ill be less aggressive in the future.

Thank you again for your replies and advice!
    Squirrel stuff

Hey gentlemen the car will be in the shop the beginning of February for a Cordes CAI and Katech ported TB. Ill have a chance to update this thread then. THX!
    Squirrel stuff