Thread: What the world!? LTFT stays on in scanner after i turn off with new flash

Potential Tuner

What the world!? LTFT stays on in scanner after i turn off with new flash

Gen 3 p59
    SD tuning
    LOG AND TUNE ATTACHED BELOW
    I tried both ways of turning off LTFT.
    1. i tried making all the ECT vs IAT at 284 degrees. After doing this, they are adding fuel when I drive and log.
    2. I tried making the min. coolant to 284 degrees. Same thing. Logs show the LTFT still on.
    What am i doing wrong? (yes I have searched on this forum multiple times)

12-2-20-Step 1-turned off LTFT refer to notepad-this is first step since steves tune finish.hpt

trying to SD tune but LTFT is working.hpl
    Last edited by chucklee; 12-02-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Did you clear the LTFT in the scanner before starting the logs??

If you didn't, that is why they still read.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    you rock man. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow. that must be it because i did not clear them in the scanner. i didn't realize the LTFT learn is remembered from "previous drives" like that.
    It makes sense thought too because the LTFT seems to sit throughout the whole log in three positions (0, .8, and +11). They don't really hunt around at all like normal.

thank you again!
    Last edited by chucklee; 12-02-2020 at 09:08 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Did you clear the LTFT in the scanner before starting the logs??

If you didn't, that is why they still read.
    based on my log here (especially short and long trims at idle), does it look like i'm ready to tune yet or should i be looking for mechanical issues first like exhaust leak, injector stuck closed at idle, spark issue, or something else? its a btr twin turbo stg2 cam.
    second file is directly after first log, except i disabled closed loop and LTFT.

test1-closed loop enabled-LTFT-STFT enabled.hpl

test2-closed loop disabled LTFT disabled.hpl

Couldn't tell you, I don't own the truck nor can I see/hear it run. So I can't say if there is any mechanical issues to worry about.

It looks to be running fine in the logs. Start tuning the VE table with your wideband o2 sensor and see what it's like. That's the best way to see what changes you need to make.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thank you kindly mr giraffe man. i sincerely appreciate your recommendations and good counsel. because my test2 file above shows AFR Errors very lean at idle and all over the place rich in driving conditions, I guess best thing is to just keep multiplying by half and interpolating until 15 times later it starts getting closer to 3% or so on rich side everywhere. then i'll start getting into higher boost where alkycontrol kicks in