Thread: 2016 C7 8L90 TCC lockup issues at WOT

2016 C7 8L90 TCC lockup issues at WOT

Has anyone had issues on the C7 platform getting WOT lockup with their torque converter. Works flawlessly everywhere except at WOT.

Circle D 258mm Pro Series currently installed. Switch from a Circle D 245mm Pro Series that was experiencing the same issues.

Problem started after installation of a 416ci engine. All motor right now so I really don't think this is a power issue.

Looking for someone with some insight on this and hoping i'm not the only one who is having this issue.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

It's my suspicion that there is a limiter table that inhibits TC lookup if it is past a certain slip threshold. I think this is done for protection maybe. I have a support ticket open with HP Tuners to try to look for this and all the other missing tables we need for proper control of the 8L90.

I think major race teams and people with sponsors and money are still swaping to 4L80s and turbo 400s or maybe 6L80s (i think kind of the same problem exist with these as well). I think it's going to take teams with big money to start trying to use 8L90s before we can get the development work needed for proper control. There is a massive amount of stuff to dig through on these modern automatics to try to find what we need so it's not an easy task at all, and unfortunately maybe too complicated to ever work.