Thread: DOD delete tuning

Tuner in Training

DOD delete tuning

Few months ago a part of the lobe on my cam broke off in my 16 Silverado L83 so decided to upgrade a few things while I was in there. I did a DOD delete with a stage 1 cam with a 0 degree phaser lockout from TSP and upgraded the valve train (lifters, pushrods, and valve springs). I am new to tuning and still learning so sent the ECU off for a basic tune. Got everything put back together and truck started up no problem. However I did have a P0011 code. I asked around on some forums and was told to just disable the code due to the phaser lockout. Was that correct? Also having issues with the truck stumbling at low rpms or even dying when coming to a stop. Seems to be the worst right after starting, when it?s cold outside, and seems to die a lot more when in reverse. Not sure what all was done when I sent the ECU off. Just wondering where I should start looking or any ideas of what it might be?

Advanced Tuner
    You need to post a log and tune to get the most help. And why did you have the computer sent off if you have HP tuner. I didn't think 2016 ecu need to be unlocked.

Tuner in Training
    I did not have the tuner at the time. It?s my daily driver so did have the time to wait for the tuner to come in and figure out everything I needed to do to tune it. It was faster and easier (at the time) to just send it off

Tuner in Training
    I?ll post a log and tune this weekend

Even if you sent the ECM off for a base tune, it would still need to be dialed in once the truck was back on the road. A mail order tune CAN get you close, but it won't be perfect. You need to log it and dial in all of your airflow tables.
    2017 JKU Rubicon: Purple, long arms, tons, 40s, Banks CAI, Borla cat-back, TD2/HPT tuned, daily.
    2017 GMC Sierra SLT: 6.2/ 8spd. Just getting started on it...