Thread: 411 PCM, oil pressure to OBD2

411 PCM, oil pressure to OBD2

I have read on other forums that they were able to do it, and other posts saying it isn’t possible. Here is my application:

2002 LQ9 DBW 411 PCM
    Dakota Digital Gauges that use OBD2

My LQ9 originally sent pressure to the gauge cluster and not to the computer, so nothing shows for oil pressure on OBD2 currently. The same year Corvette sent it through the computer (different sensor). Adding the Corvette sensor and pins to the 411 plugs is easy, but will the pressure be seen by hp tuners and OBD2? I’ve read posts where people did this, and pressure was there perfectly. Others said they had no luck. I also see under “system settings” where oil pressure has a 0 for my tune file, would that need changed to a 1?

Obviously I can add an oil pressure sensor and simply send it to hp tuners as a custom input, and I can send it to my gauge too. But, I was hoping for a clean, single OBD2 solution for all my gauges.

Thanks.
    Last edited by general23cmp; 12-03-2020 at 01:22 AM.

2003+ use a 89017750 PCM but I don't see why it wouldn't work unless the OS itself just doesn't have the functionality to read those pins.