Thread: L67 engine running map sensor help needed

Potential Tuner

L67 engine running map sensor help needed

I am located outside of usa. Doing a l67 into a older car that runs, i think its referd to as a l27 gm 3.8 at the moment on delco ecu.
    I will be running a gm 2 bar map sensor and can get most of the stuff running.
    But i dont have a timing map to use ?
    I know their is a lot of variables.
    The car will be running 91 octane unleaded fuel.
    Standard boost pulley.

Ive googled a heap and see people saying these engines can take up to 40 deg at low cruise speed etc etc.
    But yeah not much else mentioned.
    Dose anyone have a decent timing map that i could use that could get me going?
    Any help will be appreciated
    thanks

Why can't you start with the OEM timing table?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff7577 View Post
    Why can't you start with the OEM timing table?
    All i got is this factory tune for a maf sensor car.
    See picture below
    Timing at 47 deg down low looks way 2 radical advanced to me?
    And cause its maf based im guessing looks like around 350 on full throttle you have around 27 deg timing then it starts to pull timing from there as it comes onto boost?

If someone had a map based tune that shows timing off boost
    and timing in say rpm to psi increments would be a great help to me. Lot easier for me to get my head around also.
    The couple of cars i have played with for my self have all been map based cars over the years.
    No one around were i am will hand out any info as its like i am going to steal their business when i ask for help.
    No one also really plays around with these engines anymore were i am.
    thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

How do you plan to tune the VE for boost when the stock VE table doesn't go very far??

That's kinda why they are MAF based. Unless you are using an aftermarket controller for this and not a stock P04 computer.

I don't really understand the picture you showed. I don't know what the 50,100,150 are in reference too. HP Tuners uses engine rpm and cylinder airmass for the timing. I ran right around 40-42 degrees at cruising speeds no problem. I also used an adder table that would add 2-3 degrees of timing at full throttle to what this table shows.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    5fdp Thanks for the help
    I am using a modified delco which allows me to real time tune on a aftermarket program.
    I have 2 timing maps and 2 VE maps
    1st one is for 20 -100kpa
    2nd map is for boost 100 -200 kpa

Also has support for 3 bar map but im only using a 2 bar map sensor.