Thread: VAG 2.0T credits

Tuner in Training

VAG 2.0T credits

Wow! 8 credits? I've already got close to a thousand dollars invested in this software/hardware and now its going to cost me another 400 to tune my GTI? had i known that i wouldnt have upgraded from an MPVi. the only reason i upgraded almost 2 years ago was because I was told they would be supporting the GTI soon, now 2 years isnt exactly soon and then another slap in the face at the cost! I think maybe someones getting a little carried away with their pricing. for 400 i might as well pay someone to tune it on a dyno. Id be a little more understanding if i was only 250 into this but I paid way more for my MPVI 8years ago and then had to pay the cost of a new MPV2 basically to upgrade. Knowing what i know now i should have kept the MPVI and just bought a MPV2. I'm feeling like i should have purchased the other guys hardware to tune my sierra originally.

Anybody else think the credits to tune these newer additions is getting out of hand? and by newer its not really new the car is 7yrs old just hptuners is new to the VAG world.

Advanced Tuner
    Hard for me to complain when eurodyne is $1000 ish for their ECU/TCU setup.

Quote Originally Posted by qwikv6 View Post
    Wow! 8 credits? I've already got close to a thousand dollars invested in this software/hardware and now its going to cost me another 400 to tune my GTI? had i known that i wouldnt have upgraded from an MPVi. the only reason i upgraded almost 2 years ago was because I was told they would be supporting the GTI soon, now 2 years isnt exactly soon and then another slap in the face at the cost! I think maybe someones getting a little carried away with their pricing. for 400 i might as well pay someone to tune it on a dyno. Id be a little more understanding if i was only 250 into this but I paid way more for my MPVI 8years ago and then had to pay the cost of a new MPV2 basically to upgrade. Knowing what i know now i should have kept the MPVI and just bought a MPV2. I'm feeling like i should have purchased the other guys hardware to tune my sierra originally.
    Anybody else think the credits to tune these newer additions is getting out of hand? and by newer its not really new the car is 7yrs old just hptuners is new to the VAG world.
    How 8 when I see 4?
    image.png

Advanced Tuner
    TCU is also 4 credits

Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    TCU is also 4 credits
    Well it's not HPT fault they need to work double because manufacturer decided to go with TCM.

AFIK only Ford is using PCM/TCM combo while everything that has ZF trans have TCM that needs "deciphering" as well.

So to summarize it's only 4 credits like most newer vehicles.

Advanced Tuner
    ok.

I'm with you, I don't think it's unreasonable. In fact it's the cheapest tuning platform for me.
    Last edited by aaronc7; 12-07-2020 at 05:39 PM.

Tuner in Training
    i think yall missed the point...im already into hptuners close to $1000 with the purchase of my original mpv1 and then the upgrade to mpv2.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikv6 View Post
    i think yall missed the point...im already into hptuners close to $1000 with the purchase of my original mpv1 and then the upgrade to mpv2.
    part out?