Thread: LS364/450 swap

Tuner in Training

LS364/450 swap

Hello, i have a LS364/450 create engine and i will swap it to 2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT. Do i need any pcm swap for this and Does someone have a tune file for it ?

https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/19370163.html

You can keep the factory computer because it keeps the same crank/cam sensor signals.

There isn't a tune file for it, you must custom tune it yourself. You may also need supporting mods like fuel injectors and fuel pump to support that power.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks a lot for your help. Can i copy corvette c6 LS2 stock tables for this engine to start tune ?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CVY Automotive View Post
    Thanks a lot for your help. Can i copy corvette c6 LS2 stock tables for this engine to start tune ?

No.

The LS2 engine had cathedral port cylinder heads. Your custom build has L92 / LS3 rectangular port cylinder heads - which have completely different flow characteristics.

You have never mentioned which rectangular port intake manifold that you are using - there are many different possible fuel injectors (LS3 / L92 / L94 / L9H / etc.) - none of which have the same fuel injector flow rate (or characteristic data) as the LS2 fuel injectors.

You cannot tune this completely custom set up using "copy and paste". Time to purchase a wideband oxygen sensor and learn how to tune it yourself, or retain the services of a knowledgeable professional tuner.

Tuner in Training
    Could you please recommend an intake manifold, fuel pump and fuel injectors for my custom build ? Is LS3 Intake Manifold Assembly
    the good choice for that custom build ? Thanks for all your helps.
    Last edited by CVY Automotive; 12-08-2020 at 05:23 AM.

It would work fine. Or just get a truck intake from a 2007+ 6.2 truck. They make throttle body adapters to get to a 3 bolt throttle body or I think you need an x-link to run a 4 bolt throttle body but don't quote me on that.

A Walbro 255lph pump would be plenty for a NA engine of that size. If you got the truck intake you could get L92 flex fuel truck injectors as well. They flow 50-52lb/hr at 58psi. Or find injectors that are similar in size from a company like Deatchswerks, Fuel injectors clinic or Fuel injector Connection.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks a lot for your helps. We will swap it with oem Ls3 injectors and then I will log it. If i post the log file can you help me for tune?

Potential Tuner

Dyno torque curve for LS364/450?

I'm considering swapping out the LQ9/LM7 OE engine in my 06 Escalade for the LS364/450. However, I am concerned the LS6 cam will cause this engine to produce less low end torque than the LQ9. Has anyone dynoed the LS364? If so can you provide the graphs from the dyno, or at least post the lowend torque numbers? Also, if anyone has done a similar swap I'd really appreciate your observation about performance, driveability, mpg, etc. Thanks
    Last edited by mivey; 02-07-2022 at 05:01 PM.