Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Performance Mode Switch Option

Tuner in Training custosonlinux's Avatar
    The Problem is, that if you turn off the ignition, the PCM resets to the "normal" Tables.
    You have to reset the relais, too.

I've build a simple circuit with a IC 4020 and some resistors and one transistor

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    To make a direct PCM connected performance mode switch on LS1 PCM's you need to do the following:

1. Change the Perf Option to "1 Switch"

2. Wire a momentary ground switch to pin J1-71 on the PCM (the blue connector).

Note: Momentary ground means a switch that is grounded when depressed and open circuit when released again. DO NOT use a regular toggle or latching style switch or it won't work. The PCM expects this pin to be grounded only when the switch is pressed to toggle the shift mode.
    you talkin about the blue connector at the kick pannel or the blue connector on the vcm?

Quote Originally Posted by custosonlinux View Post
    Hi, as my performance switch is working very well, I'm now looking for a solution to show the current mode to the driver.

Is there an idea how to connect a kind of LED to the PCM to show the performance mode of the tranny ?

My intent is to use a button with an indication LED on it for the performance button.

Any ideas?
    Has anybody found wich pin can be used to connect a LED on it ?
    Last edited by V8osaure; 05-29-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I have an 04 a4 GTO, do you know if I still use pin 71 for performance shift and 31 for manual on my ecu. I have the tune setup and ready to flash, I just need to be sure I'm hooking up to the right pins for the momentary switch.

also does anyone know where I can find a printout of the plug and pin numbers?
    thank you!

If it can help, I have maid a how-to (in french, sorry) here : http://www.camaro-firebird.com/phpBB...ic.php?t=20489

Several pictures (some from here ) so it can be easyly understood by a non-french I suppose
    If not, don't hesitate to ask and I can try to translate difficult sentences...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by V8osaure View Post
    If it can help, I have maid a how-to (in french, sorry) here : http://www.camaro-firebird.com/phpBB...ic.php?t=20489

Several pictures (some from here ) so it can be easyly understood by a non-french I suppose
    If not, don't hesitate to ask and I can try to translate difficult sentences...
    sweet! hey that worksout pretty good, ilm half french-Canadian and speak french!

Great, so you can all translate easyly, especially my electronic board

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by V8osaure View Post
    Great, so you can all translate easyly, especially my electronic board
    not easily. lol I'm alittle rusty but I'll figure it out

Hmm this looks interesting and super easy..one wire to ecu and ground switch..Don't get much easier than that!
    So can't I simply get stock gm switch and use it. ? Will that still turn off every time car is turned off although not really a big deal. Forget where stock performance switch is since my car is manual. Anyone got a pic. I prefer factory look if possible.
    I already was going to use factory switches for my cutout and have nitrous switch panel in the ashtray and still need switches for line lock and two step. Maybe should just get a nice panel for the cubby and can fit all that stuff there.

So anyone know if stock switch would work..???
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection
    interceptor guages, eboost 2.

Other toys 91 race talon turbo awd, 97 talon awd turbo, 2008 Z06

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ALB View Post
    Hmm this looks interesting and super easy..one wire to ecu and ground switch..Don't get much easier than that!
    So can't I simply get stock gm switch and use it. ? Will that still turn off every time car is turned off although not really a big deal. Forget where stock performance switch is since my car is manual. Anyone got a pic. I prefer factory look if possible.
    I already was going to use factory switches for my cutout and have nitrous switch panel in the ashtray and still need switches for line lock and two step. Maybe should just get a nice panel for the cubby and can fit all that stuff there.

So anyone know if stock switch would work..???
    The stock switch was only in trucks, and it went thru the BCM.

Um actually lt1 had the stock switch Found pic of it ,was in center console at bottom near back of car.
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection
    interceptor guages, eboost 2.

Other toys 91 race talon turbo awd, 97 talon awd turbo, 2008 Z06

Has anyone figured out how to do this on a 98 PCM?
    98 TransAm WS9 Raim Air – Stage 4 4L60E Trans -3:90 Rear -1.8 HS Rockers - Full UMI Suspension – 85MM Lid – 85MM Z06 MAF - LS6 Z06 Intake - 224/230 Comp Cam - 7.350 Push Rods - 243 TEA Stage 2 LS6 Heads 61cc - Melling 10296 Oil Pump - Caddy Race Lifters - SLP Underdrive Pulley - 160 Thermo - 42# Green Top Injectors - HPT - SLP Line lock - Pacesetter LTube Headers - Yank SS4000 - 98 to 2002 PCM Swap www.mrk-motorsports.com

Bug me a bit this next week and I will see what I can find. Just haven't been too busy on it, but I will try.

Still looking for an answer on this.
    98 TransAm WS9 Raim Air – Stage 4 4L60E Trans -3:90 Rear -1.8 HS Rockers - Full UMI Suspension – 85MM Lid – 85MM Z06 MAF - LS6 Z06 Intake - 224/230 Comp Cam - 7.350 Push Rods - 243 TEA Stage 2 LS6 Heads 61cc - Melling 10296 Oil Pump - Caddy Race Lifters - SLP Underdrive Pulley - 160 Thermo - 42# Green Top Injectors - HPT - SLP Line lock - Pacesetter LTube Headers - Yank SS4000 - 98 to 2002 PCM Swap www.mrk-motorsports.com

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboykilroy View Post
    Still looking for an answer on this.
    I'm still trying to find the answer for my friend Bill too.
    off topic....was just up in Streetsboro tuesday picking up a load at Temple Inland.....did you get hammered with the ice? it was getting bad before I got to Pittsburg on my way home

not too bad but it was bitter bitter cold. I have Bill from HP looking into this as well.

Potential Tuner
    Back from the dead....

Has anyone found a way to wire a LED to indicate "performance on"?

Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    what does class 2 do?

Class 2 is the ALDL bus communications protocol. Aka the language your car talks in. In most GM it is J1850 VPW.

Most 06 up GM cars are CAN or GMLAN which is Controller Area Network.

Quote Originally Posted by cjmatt View Post
    what does class 2 do?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboykilroy View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to do this on a 98 PCM?
    V8osaure made a latching circuit:
    http://www.camaro-firebird.com/phpBB...ic.php?t=20489

Too bad it's in French. Can any body translate? Babel Fish doesnt do it clean enough.