Thread: Can't read 2021 Cararo build date 10 2020

Potential Tuner

Can't read 2021 Cararo build date 10 2020

I have followed the instructions for GM cars 2017. Linked to internet waited 15 min and did repeat. I was able to connect and gather info and saw the read screen with completion bar the file was only 1,445 kb so i assume it was not going to download TCM program. After completion and save file the only screen that has any data is the fan settings all other boxes are empty (engine, DTC, etc). After multiple repeats I am able to link and scan the car and save the scan file. Help would be appreciated.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I would suggest opening a support ticket in this case.

I will say however, the 2021 Camaro uses a T93 TCM which is currently not supported.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    support ticket submitted

Quote Originally Posted by jburford View Post
    I have followed the instructions for GM cars 2017. Linked to internet waited 15 min and did repeat. I was able to connect and gather info and saw the read screen with completion bar the file was only 1,445 kb so i assume it was not going to download TCM program. After completion and save file the only screen that has any data is the fan settings all other boxes are empty (engine, DTC, etc). After multiple repeats I am able to link and scan the car and save the scan file. Help would be appreciated.
    Make sure you are using the latest BETA software. I have been in the 2021's for three months already. We sent HPT and early file and they jumped right on it
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Potential Tuner
    Maby one of yall can help me out. Got a 2020 lt1 camaro with t93 tcm. I understand the tcm cannot be tuned. But is there a way to tune the ecm without reading the tcm?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbydavis09 View Post
    Maby one of yall can help me out. Got a 2020 lt1 camaro with t93 tcm. I understand the tcm cannot be tuned. But is there a way to tune the ecm without reading the tcm?
    After you hook up to the vehicle and start VCM Editor click Flash > Read Vehicle. Then click "Gather Info" which will display the modules which can be read out. This is also where you can select "Do not Read" for the TCM.

Potential Tuner
    I have read where these new vehicles are locked down from GM and are not tuneable

Tuner in Training
    Also don't forget to put the car in full accessory mode not just press the button once. You need to press and hold it for 7 seconds and you should hear the fuel pump turned on. Then you should for sure be able to read the ecm and the fuel pump control module but the trans will not be read because its locked.

Potential Tuner

20 lt1

Quote Originally Posted by kgraves View Post
    After you hook up to the vehicle and start VCM Editor click Flash > Read Vehicle. Then click "Gather Info" which will display the modules which can be read out. This is also where you can select "Do not Read" for the TCM.
    Thanks ill try this this weekend and see what it lets me do.