Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '07 having issues tuning, Probably time for an intercooler.

Tuner in Training
    Got it. Well somewhat. I had to set PE to 5% because the car would not start at 30 degrees this morning. I did not unplug the MAF, I'm going to tune with the MAF right now and log the changes and if I can't get it running properly I will go strictly VE. I have noticed before that changing the VE table wouldn't make a difference during cruising once the car goes into closed loop and takes the MAF into account. While adjusting with the MAF I got to a point where I would add fuel to the higher end of the table and the fueling wouldn't change until I changed the VE table. I'll try to post info on what works best. Maybe have some info for other newbies.

At idle I see it it very rich. I'm adjusting that a couple percent at a time. Pasting by multiply half overshoots sometimes. So I look over the histogram and just multiply cells by .98 or 1.01 to go or down. The cells in the 20% range I might go 3 percent but that's all.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Soooooo I just gave up and hit up ZZP. I looked over the differences and saw many things I was doing wrong. Today was the first drive and felt fine. Didn't open way up in the dark on the way home. 5798 Scan.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Going well. Boy I had so much misinformation in my tune. Fine tuning with Bo over at ZZP and the car feel much better. 10PSIat 5800 rpm. Now I'm antsy to pick at all the V8 cars rolling around town. Then the trans will break.

Tuner in Training
    So much misinformation on the internet! After getting help from the guys over at ZZP, car is running great!

Tuner in Training
    Latest scan. 10psi at 4800 or so RPM in second gear. It's not that impressive, but a milestone for me.