Thread: 2020 GT Edelbrock (overheating issue)

2020 GT Edelbrock (overheating issue)

Hello. I am trying to help a local dealership figure out a 2020 GT with a Edelbrock 2650. A person bought it new and had the blower installed from a Ford dealer before he took delivery from another state.
    The owner put 600 miles on the car and it overheated to the point of needing a new engine.
    He traded it in on a F250 and the dealership I am trying to help out installed a new engine.
    The techs stated the cooling fan is not coming on and suspecting it to be a tune file issue. I pulled the tune and it looks ok from what I can see but I really dont know what all to look for.
    I will probably need to bring the car home to look over and verify cooling fan issue but I am on call until next Monday and just trying to get some guidance in case it is simple so I can resolve little more efficiently.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Probably not something in the ECU.
    Put 12v directly to the fans and make sure they are functional.
    Check fuses.
    Just a guess, but it would definitely be simple, maybe the belt came off it. Common issue with superchargers, and I've seen great techs over look dumber things.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Probably not something in the ECU.
    Put 12v directly to the fans and make sure they are functional.
    Check fuses.
    Just a guess, but it would definitely be simple, maybe the belt came off it. Common issue with superchargers, and I've seen great techs over look dumber things.
    Back to basics, i agree with murfie, i had a F12 ferrari running on 6 of the 12 cylinders, dealer charged my customer thousands of dollars and no fix, i checked the fuses and low and behold, blown fuse for passenger side ionizing/anti knock ecm power.
    Last edited by Cranked Automotive; 12-08-2020 at 11:18 PM.

The tune is a Edelbrock Stage II Base file. It works but not fine. If your engine overheated you need to check if all mechanical parts are without issue. The fan adjustments are correct.
    Edelbrock use two different air intake temp sensors. this tune is for the brass sensor. Located on the backside of the Supercharger.

Thanks for the feedback guys! The general manager is going to send the car to me to look it over. I offered to have it street tuned through Wendger Performance for better drivability.
    The first time the car overheated was because the Ford dealer he bought the car new from installed the pulley backwards and the belt wiped out the coolant reservoir.
    I suggested to the dealer the belt may have pulled a wire loose from the pin somewhere but of course the techs are just blaming tune.
    Im on call this week so I can not look at until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    The tune is a Edelbrock Stage II Base file. It works but not fine. If your engine overheated you need to check if all mechanical parts are without issue. The fan adjustments are correct.
    Edelbrock use two different air intake temp sensors. this tune is for the brass sensor. Located on the backside of the Supercharger.
    Would the TMAP sensor cause issues with engine temp?
    Also, the dealer ship paid a local speed shop to retune the car and this is the file I pulled off. I dont think they even made any changes to the tune file but charged them $1000.
    The said they were waiting on HP Tuners to call them back to make changes to the tune lol.

Edit.. Never mind on the TMAP question. I looked over the instructions and that dont make sense lol.
    Last edited by orrwhat; 12-10-2020 at 06:40 PM.