Thread: Another throttle closing post

Tuner

Another throttle closing post

Alright guys, asking if anyone can look this tune over and point me in the right direction. Im looking to get more torque down low. I see dyno results from Focus ST's getting that low end torque spike that results in about 340-360 tq at the tires. Im not looking for all that, but I would like something closer to 315ish. In the log, the computer is only showing 270 max. and the throttle closing. The torque is almost completely flat from 3000-5000 rpm. My car is a 2017 Escape 2.0.

Ive asked for help before but never really got anything so if you have any ideas, please share. Thanks.
    need more 15.hpl
    need more 15.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Hey I've been having the same issue as it will not let me reach boost until 3k which with this turbo should not be the case.

Tuner
    Funny how we keep going back and forth dubau2, lol.

Senior Tuner
    Have you tried using the HPT torque inverse calculator and flattening the torque from 2000-7000 RPM in all the relevant MPs? Like 365-370 ftlbs flat not 345-350ftlb flat. Then do it for all loads greater than 1.0.

Eco boost MP 9.PNG

Eco boost MP flattened.PNG
    Last edited by murfie; 12-15-2020 at 04:04 AM.

Tuner
    I haven't tried that. Woudnt the computer log incorrect tq tough? How would you measure improvements if I did that? Airload?

I forgot to mention, I dropped my Driver Demand table from 400 tq to 315 tq and now im logging 290-300 End Tq, so awesome improvement. I tried increasing driver demand 20 tq and it went back to capping at 266 tq.
    Last edited by V8_Kind_Of_Guy; 12-17-2020 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention

Tuner
    I tried your suggestion today Murfie, as soon as soon as i went from light throttle to moderate throttle, the car went into limp mode. I put every map point at 370 tq through HP torque calc from 1.0 load and above.

Senior Tuner
    Check all your over boost, and torque limits. Its probably doing what you want, just not happy about it.

Tuner
    I have gotten much further. Through countless trails, it seems if your requesting too much driver demand, it just shuts down and stop at a predetermined tq request. In my case, M driver Demand was setup for 350 tq at wot, sometimes as high as 400 when I was playing with it trying to figure it out, but my logs would always show desired tq at 265. Someone's help to me was to drop the driver demand down try it. I set it to 320 tq at wot and instantly got driver demand logging 295 tq and my engine brake tq numbers matched! So now both my desired and engine brake numbers were reading 295 tq and the car felt way better. The throttle was closing at that point.

Also, I have begun playing with another strategy that redefines your tq tables.

Let me know if this helps you. If you want my file I can post it, currently not on this computer.