Thread: 4.3 v6 to 6.0 swap help

Tuner

4.3 v6 to 6.0 swap help

Hey everyone, this one has me stumped. I have a 2006 Silverado 4.3 v6 manual that I swapped in a 6.0. The problem I'm having is the car wont rev past a certain rpm, it's different every time. Sometimes 1500, sometimes 2500, sometimes 4000. I've turned off the trans abuse mode and raised the rpm to 8000. The truck has the original computer. I did change the harness out because this motor came with an electric throttle body. I also did a segment swap with a 6.0 that had electronic throttle.

The odd thing is, if you restart the truck, it'll show you to rev to red line. You can do that a few times. If you let it idle right after for a few seconds, back to being limited. This will also be the case of you go wot then cruise with it and try wot again.

Through the scanner, it shows 100% pedal but only 25% desired.

It did have a code for crank relearn but I did that the rpm worked.

Tuner in Training
    You did swap the segments on engine size, Intake displacement, etc.?

Tuner
    Thanks for the reply DEEZ. I figured it out. If anyone runs into this same issue, it was table 12850 ETC TPS vs RPM vs % Max Available Torque, I needed to max that whole thing out.

Its super weird how it would act up the way it did. Rev to red line and literally seconds later be limited to random rpms, typically 1500 or 2500, rare occasions 4000. Or it would start out limited which would make more sense to me, but cycle the ignition and be fine.

Just wanted to say I was having the same issue with my 4.3 to 6.0 swap in my 2001 S10 Blazer. Except mine would be only limited when I was in SD mode trying to log the VE. It was fine in mixed mode. The AFR would spike to 17 kept cutting out and ran like crap when trying to log the VE. I maxed out the ETC TPS vs RPM to 100 and my problems all went away and was able to log after that. I also noticed my Tach only works accurate when I have it set on 8/8 vs 6/6. MY last swap I bought a 5.3 PCM and just licensed it, made adjustments and had zero problems. Maybe HPtuners cant transfer over some secret parameters when doing a segment swap.