Thread: just trying to get a base idle tune

Tuner in Training

just trying to get a base idle tune

hey just trying to get a good idle tune so i can warm it up and bleed the new cooling system before i hit the tuners
    2003 yukon with 5.3
    sharps customs fabricated intake
    deka 80lb injectors
    dbw 102mm tb
    twin 61 mm turbos
    twin 455 lph fuel pumps with -8 custom fuel lines
    stock cam
    stock long block

trying to get the throttle body somewhat squared away because its idling at about 2k haha

hyukon base tune 122020 speed density.hpt

apparently i didn't save the log file will upload after i flash current adjustments to ecu

Tuner in Training
    hyukon log 1.hpl
    here is the idle log with the newest tune . notthe greatest and im having issues with the throttle body.
    has anyone worked with torque rush d2a module because its been giving me issues and the truck goes into reduced power mode unless i turn off the codes

What MAP sensor is installed?

The log shows it pegged at 105kpa with the key on engine off. That tells me the data is wrong for the that sensor.

No idea on the throttle body module stuff. Sounds like a giant can of worms.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    yah my buddy insisted on dbw and it has been giving me nothing but problems . also we are using a 3 bar sensor same pn as the sc output map from an lsa

ACDelco 12592525
    Last edited by Busted_Man_Racing; 12-10-2020 at 05:28 PM. Reason: MAP sensor pn

The LSA map sensor data is 312.50 and -11.25. You'll need to correct for that.

I mean drive by wire is fine but you could make all the power that stock engine can make on the stock 78mm throttle body. Going to the 102mm is purely for looks and or flushing money away.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    we are running a twin turbo setup i told him we coulda got away with a 92mm and it woulda made tuning a touch easier but the new motor will be a 408 stroker so it was just a spend money once kinda thing.

those are the numbers going in for MAP linear and offset yah ?

Yes.

Tuner in Training
    i know these are fairly noobish questions . But i am trying to start learning so the only stupid question in my eyes is the one not asked lol

Tuner in Training
    here is the log after the MAP changes
    hyukon new map settings.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Busted_Man_Racing; 12-10-2020 at 07:08 PM.