Thread: Trac/Adv Trac off ability?

Tuner in Training

Trac/Adv Trac off ability?

Is there a way to shut this off? I have a 2015 F150. Seems no way to defeat this. Pulling fuses don't work. It sometimes will say I have trailer sway and apply the brakes at WOT. Any work around? I have had it tell me to service ADV trac/no hill assist, etc. at WOT around 90mph. Maybe a way to make it crash at an earlier speed? Any ideas? Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    On the mustangs there is a plug next to the inlet air box, next to the fender. There might be one on the trucks. I believe it is called the dyno plug. If you have one unplug it. Pulling the ABS fuse should defeat the TC and advance trac, it works on my 12 F150 5.0.

One other thing to try is unplugging an abs sensor at the wheel.

There is no way to turn it off in the software. Wish there was I don't like warning lights.

Tuner in Training
    Pulling fuse 61 shut it off, along with no power steering and 4wd wouldn't go in, as well as all other external features. I will look for a plug near the ABS. Thanks

Senior Tuner
    I just press and hold the button for a few seconds. Some people say it doesnt completely turn it off, but I never had an issue as long as I press and hold the button until it says advance trac off.

one press turns of traction control

tapping it twice(or three times?) you go into advance traction sport mode.

There is a dyno mode switch in the software under the general tab. I don't know if it turns off advance track though. I normally use Murfies method and hold the button until it reads advance track off.

Tuner in Training
    Holding the button for Advance off doesn't work, it comes back on and enables traction control after about 30mph it seems. It would allow a burnout, but no way will it let it spin from a 40mph roll.

The Dyno mode doesn't work either. It comes back on when the front and rear tires are moving the same speed greater than 5mph or so. Every time I stop it says service the brakes, but as I go the lights go off until I stop again. ABS was not off rolling 25ft (tested this in a snow patch)

I guess I am going to try unplugging wheel speed sensors next? I haven't felt this as a problem on Mustangs, I assume the aggressiveness of this system is much worse on the F150? Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Advanced Tuner
    Yes the F150's are ridiculous. A ford engineer told me that a large percentage of F150 owners and drivers are soccer moms and Ford doesn't want them spinning out with kids aboard.

On mine pulling the ABS fuse kills all the nannies and leaves the power steering intact.

May be different on a 15. Pulling a ABS sensor will disable it along with your ABS so drive it old school.

Senior Tuner
    How the F150's work. Theres discussion and a youtube video about forscan disabling it for the 11-14, not sure about the 15+. Make it think its in 4wd low when its not, some how.

Fuse 107 is ABS.

Region capture 7.png

ABS fuse. PNG.PNG
    Last edited by murfie; 12-13-2020 at 01:34 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Fuse 107 doesn't do anything, not even a warning light on. I don't understand how that works??

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9osh2x44sl...35815.jpg?dl=0

Senior Tuner
    Fuse 11 is the auto brake motor

Fuse 61 is the auto brake module

fuse 107 is the Anti-lock brakes

See what you get when you pull this fuse.
    fuses.jpg
    Last edited by murfie; 12-13-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Fuse 11 is the auto brake motor

Fuse 61 is the auto brake module

fuse 107 is the Anti-lock brakes

See what you get when you pull this fuse.
    fuses.jpg
    You beautiful son of a bitch, I think #11 is the ticket! For sure ABS does not work at all and I did a sideways drift at 30mph and it didn't do anything to help me. I need to get to a safe place to really test it out, but I think this has disabled all of it. Thanks

Potential Tuner
    has anyone found a way to tune it out with hp tuners.

So if i'm reading this right, I can remove #11 fuse. Wire in a inline fuse to a switch in the cab to switch on and off when needed?