Thread: Anyone have a FRPP TVS GT500 tune?

Tuner in Training

Anyone have a FRPP TVS GT500 tune?

I have an 08 GT500 with an FRPP TVS. I?m new to tuning, but somehow got this car 75% figured out. It daily drives well and I have no stalling or fueling issues. I just want to fine tune and have been looking at tunes to compare. Even a GT500KR tune would be nice to look at. Anyway, I?d appreciate the help, so thanks in advance!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Vette vs Stang View Post
    I have an 08 GT500 with an FRPP TVS. I?m new to tuning, but somehow got this car 75% figured out. It daily drives well and I have no stalling or fueling issues. I just want to fine tune and have been looking at tunes to compare. Even a GT500KR tune would be nice to look at. Anyway, I?d appreciate the help, so thanks in advance!
    There is a tune file for a Stage3 2008 Shelby Super Snake in the tune repository, the Stage 3 could have been equipped with either a KB blower or a TVS the uploader did not mark which blower this one has tho.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the response! I have that one already. I am very certain that it has the KB unit though, not the TVS. The reason is I've heard that KB tunes run super rich with high timing. Its recommended not to run over 18 degrees on a GT500 even with 93 octane. Those tunes have timing at like 22 or 24 with a lambda at .78 lol. So its probably a KB. I know that FRPP had released this TVS as a package upgrade for the Shelby with an XCal 2 tuner. I was just curious as to what they did for timing and torque tables. I've got mine settled pretty well, but I'm still learning and like to see all methods of dialing these cars in.