Thread: speedo calibration question 06 envoy denali

Tuner in Training

speedo calibration question 06 envoy denali

hey guys, im hoping someone can guide me as to what im doing wrong trying to calibrate my speedo, i have an 06 envoy denali that is completely stock, i just switched out the 18 inch wheels/tires for a set of 17's with winter tires and the speedo itself is reading 3mph faster than gps. i went in to gear/tire wizard and noticed the stock gear ratio was set at 4:10 but i know for a fact the truck has 3.73? i looked up the tire size and found it to be 27.64, the hp conversion calc says 27.60. so i entered 27.64 but am not sure weather to keep the 4:10 gear setting thats already populating in the wizard or change it to 3.73 thats actually on the truck. also under the speedo tab im not sure what i have to change because its still reading 3mph fast on the speedo and heard that the pcm output pulse needs to be adjusted as well? denali stock tune (dod delete).hptstock speedo settings.pngstock tire-gear settings.png

Tuner in Training
    Anyone?

Are you seeing the 4.10 in the gear change wizard? Or are you seeing this in the actual [ECM] 9050?

Tuner in Training
    Gear change wizard

That's the default I believe and does not represent actual. Go to [ECM] 9050 and check there for your gear ratio.