Thread: Verifying proper Flex Fuel Sensor installation and function

Potential Tuner

Verifying proper Flex Fuel Sensor installation and function

I recently installed a Flex-Fuel Kit on my 2018 ZL1 and I wanted to ensure that it was "visible" to the ECM and ready to go, when the time comes to tune it.
    (I still need to install my longtubes / 95mm T-Body and lower pulley before I tune the car).

I did some poking around with HP Tuners/VCM editor and under "Engine" ---> "Fuel" ----> "General", I am able to enable Flex Fuel and Flex fuel sensor.

Does this mean that the ECM recognizes the presence of the Flex Fuel sensor and I'm all set? Or would I be able to do this regardless of whether the sensor is functioning properly? Unfortunately I didn't try to do this before installation of the sensor, so I don't know if I'm interpreting this correctly?

Is there another means to ensure function before I pour E85 into the tank? I just don't want any last minute surprises come tuning-time (and after I put e-85 in it).

Enable the sensor, adjust the values in the flex fuel tab like the min/max and volume settings if they are blank. Enable the flex fuel trouble codes for the sensor and that's pretty much it. Past that it's making sure stoich is setup correctly and then you can do the power enrichment EQ ratio stuff for flex fuel.

It's easy to test the sensor without sticking a lot of E85 in the tank or really any for the that matter. Go to a pump with E0 and or E10 fuel. If you are already running E0 fuel the percent should be around 0-1%, then stick a few gallons of E10 fuel in it and watch the percent rise. If it does, then it's working.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.