Thread: 2012 Paxton 2200SL Throttle closure

2012 Paxton 2200SL Throttle closure

As the title states, after a pull, the car loses all throttle control unless you get into the WOT start position AD count. I cannot figure out why the car is doing it for the life of me. Tune and log attached. If anybody could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. If the customer shuts the car off, its fine again until another wot pull. ID1050X Injectors, Paxton Blow through maf with the straightener, Paxton fuel pump booster, boss exhaust cams, 18 manifold, long tubes, and full exhaust. I appreciate any advice in advance. If there is a parameter to log that I am missing, let me know. Also, the care does it still if the charge piping is unhooked as well.
    Daren Maf Flex.hpt
    MAF T4.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Right now your MAF and pedal are not agreeing on what the engine is making for torque. The ECU is closing the throttle because they are not in sync and its seeing that as a potential major issue.

Disable flex fuel. Put the fuel in your tanks stoich into tune. if that doesnt make sense to you: Drain the tank and refill with 93 octane E10. add a few ounces of octane booster or dial back the spark a few degrees. Use stoich 14.08. Recheck your MAF is with in a few % of 0.

Once you have that, fill your driver demand out with values close to the engine brake torque PID. With calculated barometric pressure, intake air temp, ect. the actual demand changes slightly so it doesn't need to be perfect. Its really the torque curve shape that matters, and that they are not reporting 75+ftlbs different. The ECU has logic that will keep the torque coming from the pedal and from the MAF equal to each other. It will give the feeling the pedal is attached to the throttle. SO when you press the pedal more the throttle opens more, and when you let up it closes the throttle through out the entire pedals travel.

Once you have the car acting right with out flex fuel logic, then enabling flex fuel and dialing it in can begin. with everything dial in on a single fuel first, enabling flex should be fairly simple and straight forward. Get it to go to different spark values with different fuels is the hardest part of it all. If you don't have to have flex fuel, I would recommend sticking to dedicated E85 and E10 tunes. Its much simpler. Then if all you have is a boost a pump or even a BAP and DW400, expect to run out of fuel quickly when going up in ethanol %.
    Last edited by murfie; 03-26-2021 at 01:20 AM.

Excellent, Murfie, thank you. I will do this and report back. Right now, it's tests 86% with a tester. So I'll input 9.76 as stoich and work from there.

This is a File that I wrote from stock based on many other tunes I have done. This is the first blow through coyote I have tuned. I have done several 89-05 blow through setups, and a ton of roots cars, but this is the first blow through coyote car, and it is giving me a ton of trouble.