Thread: E67 Flex Fuel Switch issue

Tuner

E67 Flex Fuel Switch issue

1650 injectors. KPM twin mod. more boost v5. o2s off.hpttq managment with flex on.PNG
    2014 Holden / HSV GTS with LSA engine.
    Just wired a flex sensor in. Once enabled I'm reading 3% ethanol. But as you seen in the attachment, with Flex sensor set to "enabled" the car will not start and shows these tq managment status's. Running the 2 bar OS.
    Anyone else seen this before?
    Thanks

Any change it could be all the Flex Fuel (Alcohol) spark tables are Zero?
    I know the are adders, but maybe they need populated (BTW rookie tuner here, curious to see what you end up finding)
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Senior Tuner
    its still disabled flex in that tune file, those injectors need scaling not just maxing the ifr, if ur wanting to run SD it need to be setup properly also

Tuner
    Hi 07GTS. Yes the file shown is the current file that the car is tuned on. It won't run with the flex turned on.

Injectors are scaled back around 30-40% (127lb is hard limit on flow rate) It runs a fixed fuel pressure so does not need a sloped flow rate table.

What needs setting up properly to run SD? your response is very vague.

Thanks

Senior Tuner
    just do the half IFR double stoich, halve IVT terms much easier, scaling the airflow way is much harder so just scale fuel then all airflow stays as is and works, put stock values back in the offset v inj temp and divide by 4 just to get u close, set the maf fail high 2 and low 1 and set the P0101, 102 103 to fail on first error so it goes into SD, set the high rpm re enable to 8092 so its different to the enable, a fixed fuel pressure needs the slope in the IFR its only if ur manifold referenced that u have it flat lined which then u also have to do the same to the press offset volts, enable flex and it should work and sent the diag to enable in fuel tab
    Last edited by 07GTS; 12-25-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Tuner
    07GTS, some good points there, I will try setting the diagnostics on for Flex hopefully its that causing the issue.
    yep thinking about it now I should have a slope in the IFR table.
    I haven't had an issue failing the MAF this way, its just the way VCM was telling ppl to do it 10 years ago so I'm probably stuck with a bad habit I guess.

EDIT: I just went through the file I used with flex on and I also had diagnostics on.
    I will email support to see if they have seen the issue before.

Cheers
    Last edited by super6ute; 12-30-2020 at 03:18 AM.

Senior Tuner
    just make sure that one of the maf codes is present then u know is failed properly for SD