Thread: This one is for the dodge tuning gurus

Advanced Tuner

This one is for the dodge tuning gurus

2019 Scat Pack 3.92 wide body Challenger with M6 trans.

426 stroker, mild cam, Hellcat TB, Edelbrock Victor II intake, Hellion Twin turbos 10 psi boost in this log.

I am chasing a violent surge coming off the throttle See Screen shot.

This will also do it going in to the throttle as well, but not near as much.

If anyone is interested in helping please email me and I will email you the tune files stock and modified along with the logs. [email protected]

The VE is dialed in perfectly at all load and speed points.

This also did this on the stock engine and I though it was not enough bypass valve so I added 2, 1 to each of the Hot charge pipes which helps on the way up but no effect on throttling down.

Tuned with NN off, I have been trying to work through this for nearly 6 months so I have had as many as 100 revisions chasing this.

Any help, Ideas, Theories are all welcome and appreciated.

Ted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    Add airflow to the throttle body tables when you're coming off the throttle and it's surging, rework the driver demand tables to get a linear pedal back otherwise you'll get that light switch affect.

Advanced Tuner
    I have been all over the map with both Throttle body air flow and driver demand to no avail.

This doesn't mean you are wrong in any way, but I just can't seem to effect it whatsoever with any changes.

The log shows the commanded blade angle closely follow the pedal request.

Advanced Tuner
    TPS and Throttle % is smooth so looks like compressor surge to me.
    Too much front wheel usually...or too small turbine/housing.

Advanced Tuner
    what are the specs of current turbos??

Advanced Tuner
    Precision 62/66 .82 A/R.......Depending on how much power you plan to make, you can go 2 ways.
    Stick with the 62 turbine & .82 and downsize front wheel/housing to a 60 - 62mm (will work nice on the street)
    Or go the other way and upsize turbine to 66-68mm and maybe a 1.00 housing (this combo will make way more power).
    This seems to happen a lot with these newer gen comp wheels, they are so aggressive and flow a heap more air than older wheels of same size.
    I find you need to go smaller than you would think or just chase em with larger turbines and make big hp