Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 16 mustang GT tuning for power

Tuner

16 mustang GT tuning for power

hey so I've been doing using hp tuners for about 6-8 months now but I'm a little lost on why my tunings keep causing my mustang to either pop-up with "drive mode selection not available" or "Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance" I can't seem to get around them honestly. I would drive the car maybe 10 miles then the drive mode would pop up. also, I've been looking into how to make a ghost cam tune for the car but I want to understand the issue with my tune here. note the car still drives once the wrench is thrown (in start-stop traffic conditions) but I usually pull over and load base tune. please help

Advanced Tuner
    Post the tune please

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    Post the tune please
    power n bang tune.hpt

Tuner
    I see that you have modified your throttle angle minimum and max, what made you do that?

I also found your MBT tables are really played around with, i understand the low load areas for your "pops" n "bangs" you car might only be using mapped point 1 and 2 and 14 and 15 when decelerating so maybe only mess with those at the low load areas of the mbt tables as all these tables are important in the torque calculations.

you need to disable DFCO to make more "pops" n "bangs" - do this by increasing the minimum ect table across the board to 225*F

Can you also set your anti-knock tables back to stock until you get everything else sorted and all learned up.
    Can you set your vehicle speed limiters to something more plausible along with the "cutoff hysteresis" setting under the rpm limit row.

Your check engine light/wrench warning might be because of your adjustments to the min throttle angles and mbt.

Tuner
    I thought it was the throttle angle because i assumed if i changed the idle angle it would make idle deeper and louder which it did but i didnt know how to change the settings for the car to understand that 3 degrees in standard but thank you i will restart and reupload and see what your opinion is i also had dfco like that because i didnt want it constantly popping while in gear. But i changed my mind and want a fire breather only for events eventually. Ill get to it tonight

Tuner
    I would leave the dfco as it is and just hover my foot over the gas pedal to enable the fueling, it puts alot more strain on your brakes if ur engine braking is null.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranked Automotive View Post
    I would leave the dfco as it is and just hover my foot over the gas pedal to enable the fueling, it puts alot more strain on your brakes if ur engine braking is null.
    Didnt think about that. But ill reset the tune and check with the scanner and see if its because of the throttle resting position. Would you be able to provide any advise for ghost camming?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenmerry101 View Post
    Didnt think about that. But ill reset the tune and check with the scanner and see if its because of the throttle resting position. Would you be able to provide any advise for ghost camming?
    There are numerous threads on ghost cam write ups, Go to google and type in "hp tuners ghost cam" and you will find your answers.

Tuner
    There are numerous threads on ghost cam write ups, Go to google and type in "hp tuners ghost cam" and you will find your answers.
    Thank you

Tuner
    Last question how can you see what maps the car use for what and tell it to use different ones under different conditions and how does it relate to torque calculation. Like if i turned on e85 and with the mods im having shipped to me i know its possible to pull 500 tq or close to but that i still would have to change anything?

Advanced Tuner
    Need to log all mp’s while driving and you will see what it uses. The coyote is not a torque monster so just be aware so you aren’t disappointed.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenmerry101 View Post
    Last question how can you see what maps the car use for what and tell it to use different ones under different conditions and how does it relate to torque calculation. Like if i turned on e85 and with the mods im having shipped to me i know its possible to pull 500 tq or close to but that i still would have to change anything?
    What mods do you have on order?

Tuner
    O2 extenders coming also i know to turn off catalyst protection and up exhaust heat for sure jus slowly going to figure everything out as i install one at at a time essentially the fuel pump i know i might have to pull voltage a little i believe there was something in the file for that.

Tuner
    And i know ill have to do a bit of fabrication (grinding) with the manifold to make the 90mm throttle body fit right. N modify tables for the estimated flow of air found equations for these things

Tuner
    Pull back duty cycle limits

Tuner
    I recommend getting a different brand long tube header, use your stock TB on that gt350 manifold by using an adapter. Use the stock intake, tune that so you get a grasp on whats going on, then do a gt350 throttle body, and gt350 cold air. You will save yourself alot of frustration and you will also learn and grow this way.

Also, you will not make 500torque.
    Last edited by Cranked Automotive; 12-23-2020 at 07:43 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I was gonna say the same thing. there?s no chance hes going to make 500lb torque. If you want 500lb/to you better plan on some heavy mods or forced induction. You spent your money randomly. you don?t need the fuel pump anytime soon. you don?t need those injectors anytime soon. I don?t know what the brakes and clutch have to do with making 500lb/tq. you need to have a better direction in mind before order parts. I?m sorry I?m not trying to tear you down but people do this all the time. they read about or someone tells them about a part and they order it not knowing that they could possibly lose torque/power what you are you looking at is like +20-30 pounds of torque maybe and +30hp
    Last edited by Jackson3010; 12-23-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Send everything back and start over. get the manifold, get the headers, take the rest of the money and buy some cams. Delete the cats. Get a full 3 inch exhaust. Run e85 and you might have 480tq.
    You don?t need to drive shaft you don?t need the clutch you definitely don?t need the throttlebody. if you?re wanting that big power that it sounds like you?re looking for your gonna need some boost or a lot of nitrous and I mean a lot
    Last edited by Jackson3010; 12-23-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson3010 View Post
    Send everything back and start over. get the manifold, get the headers, take the rest of the money and buy some cams. Delete the cats. Get a full 3 inch exhaust. Run e85 and you might have 480tq.
    You don?t need to drive shaft you don?t need the clutch you definitely don?t need the throttlebody. if you?re wanting that big power that it sounds like you?re looking for your gonna need some boost or a lot of nitrous and I mean a lot
    I appreciate it will cancel then in morning. Ill look more into tuning specifically. Before anything else.