Thread: TCC Lockup - ZF8HP70

Tuner in Training

TCC Lockup - ZF8HP70

Hi all,
    just wanting confirmation on the TCC. If I want to smooth out 1st and 2nd gear, so there's less of a "hit" when commuting slow raffic, will disabling the TCC in first and second gear achieve this? I hardly ever use WOT in 1st/2nd for not too concerned with overheating.

thanks for input in advance.

del12.PNG

Advanced Tuner
    Log and see if it's even locking up now. Bet it's not at low rpm and light throttle where you want to "fix" it.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, will do. At light throttle using the the TCC lock out is what I’m after. I should’ve added I have a cam and raised the shift points, and would like to have more of a fluid transition at 1800-2000 rpm in 1st and 2nd. I realize the easiest way is most likely to manipulate the shift pressures and slip, but wanting to try this approach unless there’s a reason this wouldn’t work?

Advanced Tuner
    More than likely your tq model is now incorrect after cam swap so PCM is feeding the TCM an incorrect (too high) tq number.
    The trans thinks there is more tq so uses higher shift pressures.
    You can chase it with the trans tune, but you will get better results from correcting tq model/calcs.
    Then everything will work nicely together.
    I lock em up from barely above walking pace and keep em locked most all the time and pt shifts are like butter.

Tuner in Training
    Hi,
    Thanks for the feedback. I’ll give that a try. Would you mind sharing which tables I should try adjusting?

Tuner in Training
    Just curious if you figured out what tables hemituna was talking about to adjust?

Tuner