Thread: 2004 P59 Locking up TCC in 1st gear???

2004 P59 Locking up TCC in 1st gear???

Hey Everyone,

I have a P59 from a 2004 Silverado that I swapped into a 1965 Buick Special. Engine, trans, ECU, and harness all came from the donor vehicle.

I am having an issue where the computer is locking up the converter very quickly in 1st gear and does not unlock the converter until you are under 4-5 mph.

Technically there is no option for 1st gear lockup in the table and 2nd gear is set to 256mph so it should never lockup unless it hits 3rd gear.

I have verified that the 12v brake signal goes to Blue pin 33 and there is 12v while driving around and when the brake is applied it goes to 0v.

Speedo in VCM scanner reads correctly.

Any idea what would be causing these issues with the lockup? You can see in the attached data log that the TCC Applied goes to yes while in 1st gear.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Is there anyone that knows what going on I'm have the same issue

2001 chevy 2500 hd stock trany circle d 3200 stall

Tuner in Training
    You want to log TCC Mode. That'll tell you what the TCC is actually doing. If you want to physically feel the TCC lock up, change all your TCC Duty Cycle Minimum Table to all 95% and the Maximum Table to 100% in the tune. You'll know when it locks up then, it'll feel like another shift.