Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 SS with E38 A6 and LSA - beginner questions

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Are you still tuning off your o2 error?
    This log shows you o2's responding really slow, flat lining many times in pretty steady state operation..

I think the sooner you get the wide band installed the better it will be for you...
    I'm sure you have read about the tables to "tune" your o2's for better response, but I'm guessing its better to dial everything in with a wide band first, but thats a green tuners idea...
    Yes, I'm still using the narrowbands and if the Inj Tip Temp has been throwing off my tunes after reflash then I just have it in the ballpark right now. I have an LM-1 and I just ordered the pro features set for HP Tuners so I'm waiting on my cable.
    I assume there is some firmware update on the device to include pro features but I don't see a link to it for my device. Anyway, when that comes in I'll wire the LM-1 analago out into the MPVI2 and start using wideband.

Tuner in Training

log and tune

As promised, here are the logs from this morning and corresponding tune.

21-01-18 12-03-45.hpltest tune (v28) LS3 A6 SC E38.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jebrant View Post
    Okay thanks.

So I am looking at the Inj Tip Temp and I'm wondering what the units are for the values. Some of the post I read talked about milliseconds, I believe I read .00078 or something was as much as 5%, and perhaps that is ECU dependent because my values in my E38 seem to indicate EQ ratio?
    So I have Deatchwerks 65 lb injectors and I was very careful when loading the data. But that means they are over fifty percent bigger than stock, or stock flow only sixty-five percent of what these should flow.
    Therefore should I scale the entire table by .65? Seems quite small and no other tables I see are that small.
    The ITT table is measured in milliseconds. It is a pulsewidth adder. Adds (or subtracts if negative) to your injector pw. Looks like your table doesn't even kick in until 140F. This table is more used for a heat-soak lean condition. The table also has a minimum pw adder step of 0.00781. If you try to put something above or below a step of this size, it will put in the nearest sized increment. So if you tried to multiply this by 0.65, it would not change anything, it would stay at 0.00781. Next step up is 0.01563, next step down is zero.

The peak ITT in your log is 120F, so no adder is being applied.

Tuner in Training
    I just somehow lost a long reply I typed and am typing it again. (Makes it more succinct then)

Anyway thanks for looking at the log. I understand in this log the temps are low. Some things don't make sense though.

If this is an adder then why in the low temperature range when we assume we don't need fuel is the value still 1? This means that at least 1 ms is being added all the time by this table? Of 0.00078 is significant then 1.0 is a LOT. One would think that the base injector settings would be adjusted rather than allow this table to constantly add it.
    Now if it is multier then it makes sense that 0.00078 is significant (5% ??), And that subtracting .00702 from the table number would reduce it by 45%.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jebrant View Post
    I just somehow lost a long reply I typed and am typing it again. (Makes it more succinct then)

Anyway thanks for looking at the log. I understand in this log the temps are low. Some things don't make sense though.

If this is an adder then why in the low temperature range when we assume we don't need fuel is the value still 1? This means that at least 1 ms is being added all the time by this table? Of 0.00078 is significant then 1.0 is a LOT. One would think that the base injector settings would be adjusted rather than allow this table to constantly add it.
    Now if it is multier then it makes sense that 0.00078 is significant (5% ??), And that subtracting .00702 from the table number would reduce it by 45%.
    are u looking at inj temp ecm12303 as it adds PW but there are other injector tables that are multipliers just sounds like the tables are getting mixed up

Tuner in Training
    You were correct, I was looking at Inj temp gain on the open loop tab. With the ECM number i figured out what you were talking about...lol.
    and now I feel quite a bit better about scaling the numbers by 45%.
    Thanks!