Thread: Fuel System Capacity Question

Fuel System Capacity Question

Hey everyone, I have a 2011 Camaro SS. I've been running Texas Speed's Stage 4 LS3 F35 cam in my otherwise stock ls3 for the past year or so. In anticipation of boost, I'll be pulling the motor this summer and throwing in a 416 forged stroker kit. For cost reasons, I plan on running this setup NA for a year or so until the next summer comes around. I am hoping to get by with my stock fuel system during this time. As of right now, I am logging a max of 85% injector duty cycle, and fuel pressure seems to be holding strong as well. This duty cycle was also recorded when running fairly rich at .82 Lamda, and usually stays in the 83.5% range when at the proper .85 lambda for this setup. I am pretty confident in my fuel pump keeping up, but am wondering if the stock 42lb injectors will keep up. I am currently making 575-580 crank hp, and expect a 35-40hp increase to a total of 610-630hp with the added 40 cubes. Does anyone have a definitive answer on how far out you can run up the injector duty cycle before encountering any major issues, and does anyone know the estimated duty cycle I would be at at the new power level? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Stock LS3 injectors are good for around 500RWHP on pump fuel. Anything more you should have new injectors. I estimate you are planning on having about 550RWHP with you new setup.
    Some people push them that far, I personally would not. You will need new injectors when you go boost, so you can just do those now and get it out of the way. That's the way I would go.

Get bigger injectors.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.